Chapter 40: Fan of the Novel

Éclair? I thought the members of the Skypeian Imperial family specializes in Wind Magic, what does that have to do with rain? Shouldn't we blame Deim for he has Water Magic?

"Isn't this more thrilling? I simply wanted to help you proceed your relationship with the Imperial Princess to the next level, at least thank me." The voice said in a creepy tone that I shuddered. "Licht, why don't you stop being a siscon for once?"

"Shut the f*ck up!!"--Brother Licht

"Éclair, stop this! You know that using that power is forbidden to be used unless for urgent circumstances."--Deim

"Why do I have to put up with these guys?" I sighed.

<Piercing Light>

I casted and a beam of light extended to the sky. It cut the nimbus clouds in half and each dissipated swiftly as it appeared. The Skypeian Crown Prince descended to the ground with the edges of his clothes got blown by the winds.

"Greetings Imperial Princess Solaris and Royal Princess Helia! Also, Lord Heinrey of the Sirius Grand Dukedom and you two." He stated and bowed with his hand on his chest and his body bended slightly.

"Hello Crown Prince Éclair." I bitterly replied to his greeting. "You must've been in a good mood for doing this nasty prank on us, I hope you're satisfied with just this."

"Nope, reading that interesting novel and doing this will not do. I wanna watch your story unfold firsthand!"

"Y-You read that freaking novel?!"

"Yep, it was kinda fun and I quickly knew who the author is. I have to say, that person is so daring to have written the events that the Imperial families tried to withhold."

"No matter... why are you here?"

"Didn't I tell you already?"

"No, I mean the real and rational reason." He reached out to his coat pocket and threw a card at me and Brother Licht each.

W-What..? Isn't this...?

"The Chasse Guild Master asked me to give those to you, I'm the only one authorized to go inside the Helionthan palace walls after all. If you want to ask what my pseudonym there is, it's Zephyr. Bye-bye!" He winked at me and disappeared leaving a dustdevil.

Zephyr, Zephyr... hmm...

I took a look at my identification card.

'Name: Aurore

Rank: AA-Class Adventurer

Class: Battlemage

Level: 25'

I peeked at Brother Licht's.

'Name: Astre

Rank: S-Class Adventurer

Class: Assassin

Level: 45'

His level... it's kinda high for his age. Wait, isn't he a prodigy? That he learned swordsmanship in the age of five? But it's still unfair though.

Helia came towards me and stole the blue-stained glass card from my hand.

"Whoa, this is amazing!! To think that I'll see this in person, what a delight!!" A vein popped on my forehead that I snatched the card back and stored it in my Personal Storage. I flicked her forehead that she winced in pain.

Why is she happy just for seeing the card? Oh right, she's a little free-spirited unlike me...

"I'm gonna head out now!" I bid goodbye.

<Warp>

I arrived at Al Sol Palace just in time for waltz lessons. Marchioness Briller is my teacher and she complimented me every chance she gets that it annoys me. After a couple of hours, we finished our lessons and she even told me that I didn't make a mistake. She added that I even refined the traditional steps.

Countess Luire taught me about proper etiquette for parties and she said the same things as Marchioness Briller. We finished our lessons after half an hour and we bid goodbye to each other. I was about to eat lots of meat in the dining hall when the maids stopped me and replaced the grilled beef with a plate of sliced carrots.

What is this, are they turning me into a rabbit?

"Your Imperial Highness, you mustn't eat some meat before your party or you'll develop fats on your belly." I flinched at the maid's notion.

"I agree Princess, it'll be hard for you to move especially with the super-tight corset under your dress." I dejectedly nodded and bit on the vegetable while internally crying.

This is... awful, utterly awful!

After a few days of torture, or preparations, my coming-of-age ceremony finally arrived in a twinkling of an eye.

"Your Imperial Highness, please wake up..."

"Hn... just five more minutes..."

"No Princess, you need to wake up..."

"Wake me up five minutes later..."

"But Princess--"

"Shh, I'm sleeping."

"B-But--"

"If you wake me up one more time, I'll really kick you out..! So, let me sleep some more..!"

"Are you sure?"

"Ugh!!" I angrily reacted and when I opened my eyes, two glinting sapphire orbs met my golden ones.

I'm screwed!