Chapter 47: To Follow Her (2)

"But we have to, Aetheria's future is at risk!" I slammed the table.

"I'm sorry Your Royal Highness but it's my Master's orders. I also wanna help but I'll suffer his wrath."

"I don't care even if gad strikes me with lightning, I'll find Solaris and bring her back! If Borealis becomes the official Imperial Princess, it'll be the end. Alleria, are you with me?"

"Of course I am! We'll leave now Sir Bon, your information was of help to us!" We got in the carriage once again and headed straight to Au Soleil Palace. My half-brother was still at a loss and while the Emperor and the Empress Regnant cried.

"Your Imperial Majesties, I'm sorry for what happened..." I sadly comforted them.

"Helia, did you have anything to do with this?!" The Emperor sternly asked.

"I swear on my life, the Empress Consort didn't tell me anything. Even I was surprised about what she just did!"

"That's a relief, I thought you were in this together."

"Helia dear, did my daughter tell you anything about our so-called daughter Borealis?" The Empress inquired.

"I'm sorry Your Imperial Majesties, she didn't. In fact, she just told us not to find her."

"Not to... find her..?" The Imperial couple looked at each other in disbelief.

"Yes, she was rather talkative about her plans for a while now." I replied to the Empress Regnant. "Don't worry Your Imperial Majesties, Alleria and I will definitely find her!" I raised my fist in the air that they chuckled in amusement.

"Thank you Helia..." They both smiled that urged me to be more determined.

***Alleria's Viewpoint***

The second Villainess has finally come, how grotesquely exciting. But she's too early to appear, there're so many things that have deviated from the plot of the novel. Well, even the Heroine has changed so it's possible for the side characters to change too.

Princess Borealis was supposed to appear at Princess Solaris's 20th birthday, a year after Princess Helia's public execution in the guillotine. She appeared rather haughtily and the nobles doubted her claims yet her twin sister immediately believed her.

Princess Solaris welcomed her to the Imperial family with kindness and warmth but Princess Borealis took advantage of it. The latter spread malicious rumors about the former and the Imperial throne became a battleground for the twins.

Princess Solaris, being the masochist and pacifist she is, ignored her sister's behavior and continued showering her sister with unconditional love. Crown Prince Cyrprus was terribly against this that he tried ruining Princess Borealis in front of the other but he failed. He even got avoided by the meek princess instead.

Right when he became the Emperor of Heliontha, he married Princess Solaris off to Crown Prince Deimos and appointed Princess Borealis as the Crown Princess. The Crown Princes of Aetheria became the Emperor of their respective empires while Prince Phobos became a professor at Andromedus Knights' Academy and his brother granted him the title 'Grand Duke'.

At the wedding of Princess Solaris and Emperor Deimos, her grandfather Prince Perihelio acted as their pastor. It was the ancient tradition of Aetheria that when you get married, you will drink some wine from the same glass to signify your matrimonial union.

Empress Solaris was about to drink from the glass when she fainted so the wineglass fell and broke into tiny pieces. Turns out, Crown Princess Borealis poisoned not the wine but the glassware itself. The new Lunarian Empress was bedridden for many days without waking up so her husband grew anxious.

He sought help from the priests of the Vif Holy Nation but to no avail, she didn't wake up. The Lunarian Emperor slowly became violent as the days went by and he vented out his anger towards the knights in the palace. His brother, Grand Duke Phobos, visited him but the Emperor pushed him away.

A year went by, he became a cold and ruthless person. When someone made a small mistake, he decapitated them right away without proper trial. When the rebels tried to invade Lunaria, he sacrificed hundreds of knights under the impression of 'sacrificing hundreds to save thousands'. Grand Duke Phobos doubted his older brother but he ignored the latter's behavior, instead he followed him without hesitation.

The Helionthan and Lunarian people became depressed at how the events took place. The Helionthan people's beloved princess and the Lunarian people's admired Empress who shone more brightly than the sun was resting. They thought of her as their savior since she's the Lunarian Emperor's tranquilizer.

One day, the earth rumbled and lightning struck to the ground. The animals retreated and the plants closed their beautiful flowers into buds. The earth cracked loudly and then, a bright light covered the Lunarian palace.

Four angels wearing white robes with golden trimmings descended from the heavens. Everyone witnessed this mystical scene in awe. An unconscious woman rose from the palace to meet the heavenly beings and the people recognized her. They cried out her name in gratitude and relief, she then woke up and her eyes and hair glowed. Her nightgown magically turned into a puffy gown made from feathers and a diadem made from white roses appeared atop her head.

The Lunarian Emperor rushed to his wife's chamber and saw wings on her back. He was about to hug her when the angels stopped him. His beloved Empress smiled at him for the first time and casted some spell on him. She disappeared from his view and flew towards the sky.

She murmured some strange words. After that, a bright light covered the entirety of Aetheria and the world was reborn after it dissipated. Her people watched as she disappeared into nothingness with a smile on her face. Emperor Deimos wept so much that tears wouldn't stop streaming down his cheeks. He called her name again and again but she didn't answer.

'I love you Deim... so much... that I'd risk my own life for you. Don't blame anyone, especially Borealis since she never wanted to do all of those things in the first place... she was under the influence of Lucifer, the malevolent Devil. Deim, tell my brother I love him... lastly, forget about me and meet someone new... I... love you... good... bye...' He heard in his head that he crumpled the chestal area of his clothes.

So that's how their love story ended, Solaris fulfilled her destiny as gad's direct descendant who will bring peace across Aetheria.

My brother Heinrey, the current Helionthan Emperor and the Empress Regnant, Lady Alleria and more people died from the middle to the end of the novel.

We need to avoid this ending as much as we can but how do we do that?