Chapter 34: Kiss Mark (2)

"Brother, it hurts! You gripped on my wrist too tight!" I resisted but he just glared at me.

What, he's angry at me? Why? I didn't do anything wrong right? I'm just honoring my word as the Imperial Princess? What made him like this?

"From now on Solaris, you are forbidden to go out of your palace. There'll be no interaction with anyone except me, father and mother." He sternly said that a tear dropped from the corner of my left eye.

"Hey Licht, that's too severe you know!" Deim defended me.

"Shut the f*ck up!! Solaris, let's go!" He pulled my wrist and drag me forcefully from the scene. When we were about thirty meters away from Deim, he let go and faced me with a grimace. "This is for your own good Solaris..."

"M-My own good?! Come on brother, I know you have a deeper reason for doing this. You never recklessly drag me away unless I did something wrong. Tell me, what is it?" I asked in impatience that he shifted his gaze.

"It's... nothing..." He trailed off so my eyebrows unconsciously twitched.

"N-Nothing?! That's it, I've had it with you brother!! Do you know that I tried hard not to lash out on you because of how overbearing you are?!" He widened his eyes that urged me to continue. "You know, I thought you were just protecting me but I've had enough of that shit!!"

"Solaris, I..!"

"No brother, this is all my fault. It's because I was so impudent about asking to be relinquished from my position, I'm the worst... sorry, now I'm being melodramatic." I chuckled. "Hah, I'll accept the punishment from the bottom of my heart." I solemnly grinned.

"Solaris..."

"I never realized I was such a shitty person, no wonder you're doing this..." I stroked my forehead.

I'm sorry brother, I'm not deserving of your tender love and care so I'll push you away myself. I hope you don't hate me for doing this because according to you, '... it's for your own good...'

"This princess shall leave now. Endless glory to the star of the empire, Your Imperial Highness Crown Prince Cyrprus Licht diLumiere Heliontha!" I curtsied and left him even after seeing him reach out to me.

This is how it was supposed to be for the Villainess, I deserve to be alone. No wonder my mom from my previous life decided to kill the monster she gave birth to and raised.

I headed to the knights' training ground to cool off when a guy a head taller than me with long straight bluish silver hair and glowing neon-green eyes slowly walked towards me with the hems of his old-fashioned robe dragged through the dirt. He stopped five steps away from me and bowed out of the blue.

"Who are... you?"

"Endless glory to the bright star of Heliontha, Your Imperial Highness Princess Solaris Athene diLumiere Heliontha! This humble servant's name is Betelgeuse, Master of the Magic Tower. May I impudently ask why Your Imperial Highness's face is glum?"

Who is he again? Nevermind that.

"This does not concern you so please refrain from asking more." I calmly replied.

"Understood. As the Master of the Magic Tower, I'm curious as how your curse was undone. Do you happen to know anything?" I hissed at him.

I can feel the immense aura from him so as my instincts tell me, he's extremely dangerous. Wait... did he say Magic Tower? Is he possibly the Great Archmage? No way...

"Sorry for not recognizing you Great Archmage Betelgeuse, this insolent girl shall now be punished as you see fit." I sincerely apologized and dropped my knees to the ground.

"Okay, I've decided on your punishment..." I gulped. "You shall be..." I closed my eyes anxiously. "I'll tell you when we get there, shall we Princess?" He offered his hand and after taking it, we were surrounded by a bubble and my vision of the training ground changed into a luxurious room.

Everyone was wearing robes like the Archmage and when they saw the two of us, they just brushed past me and went to their master. They exchanged some words so I slowly stepped back but Sir Betelgeuse noticed me and gripped the extended sleeve of my dress.

"Oi, where are you going?"

Did he just address me informally? Not that it matters anyway...

"I didn't want to bother your time with your apprentices." I awkwardly replied. A familiar man walked down the stairs and stopped in front of us.

"Master and... Princess?" Sir Bon asked in confusion that everyone else gasped in surprise.

"Hello Teacher!!" I waved my hands that they flocked around me.

"Seriously, you're the princess? As in, that Princess Solaris that is the literal goddess of Aetheria?!" One of them inquired and I nodded. They bowed down on the floor while shivering. "Endless glory to the star of the empire, Your Imperial Highness Princess Solaris Athene diLumiere Heliontha!" They greeted in unison.

"Come on you guys, I'm one of you since five years ago. I believe you can call me Solaris!" I beamed out a smile that their eyes sparkled in delight. "Let me introduce myself formally, I'm Sir Bon's student. Pleasure to meet my fellow mages!" I answered that they quickly stood up.

A girl grabbed both of my hands and looked at me with expectant eyes.

"Your Imperial Highness, is it true that you have that lost Void magic?" "Yes."

"Amazing, how many spells do you know?" "I know about a hundred."

"Can you use Light magic too? I heard that the Imperial bloodline has that type of magic." "Yep."

"As expected of the princess, no wonder Senior Bon accepted you. What other abilities do you have?"

"I know swordsmanship, archery and other weapon-wielding abilities. I also know martial and equestrian arts..." I trailed off that I saw her eyes shine in bright red. "May I know your name perhaps? It's really awkward when I don't know about it..." They giggled at my notion.