Chapter 52: Commoner Life (1)

Six months has passed and now I've already completely settled down. The people in Auberge de Matin became my acquaintances and the owner treats me warmly. Edna became more cheerful than ever while Sir Xander kept pestering and asking me out on dates. My form for residing in Tournesol has been accepted by the baron so I've no worries.

For the first two months, I was paranoid of seeing someone from the palace. I maintained a low profile and pretended to be a free-spirited girl who gets really pissed off when annoyed. Sir Xander also took me under his wing so no one dared to harm me. I was happy when no one came to bring me back but at the same time, I was depressed.

Did they really forget about me? Alas, I was the one who left them after all. But why do I feel so bothered by it? Wasn't I the one who requested to be left alone?

The next two months was quite the hassle. The people kept asking me about how I got acquainted with the Guild Master of Connu. I just brushed through the flocking crowd and hid inside my room without going out. Edna became worried so he told Sir Xander about it and he scolded them. From then on, no one dared to get near me again.

The last two months, some old ladies asked me everyday if I ever thought of getting married.

Seriously, who gets married at fifteen? That might be the norm in this world but the laws back on Earth is still engraved in my mind. I mean, I'm practically fifteen! Still a teenager! Come on, I don't even have some plans of getting married to anyone except... let's just forget it.

"Zena, let's go to the sunflower meadow!"

This girl is really energetic.

"Okay!" I showed her a toothy grin and held a picnic basket. She then grabbed my wrist and we ran to our favorite place. We set up the thick cloth on the grass and the foods we prepared beforehand. She put some tea in my cup and when I took a sip, she just stared at me.

"You look so elegant just by holding the teacup!" She exclaimed that I almost choked.

"H-Huh? What's with you all of a sudden?"

"Nothing, for a moment I thought you were a former noble lady."

"What? I always drink like this, haha."

"I just can't help it, tee-hee."

As much as I like spending time with her as I'm reminded of Alleria and Helia, she's so sharp that she notices every little thing that I do.

"Yeah, you silly!" I flicked her forehead that she winced in pain.

"That hurts!" I laughed at her reaction. Suddenly, a familiar man in his casual clothes arrived. "Guild Master Xander?"

"Hey Miss Edna. Miss Zena, I've been looking all over for you!"

"M-Me, for what?"

"We need your ideas for the festival!"

"Wait, now? But my break!?"

"There's no time, let's go! Miss Edna, catch up to us on your own alright?" She nodded and he grabbed my hand. My vision of the soothing sunflower meadow slowly dissipated and the familiar bustling scenery of the guild replaced the previous one.

"Miss Zena!" The amber-eyed man, who is Sir Xander's right-hand man, exclaimed in relief while beads of sweat ran down his temples.

"Our savior is finally here..!" The others agreed that I sweatdropped.

Oh shit, now I have to overwork again?

I just helped them decorate the hall and the buildings outside, cooking the dishes with meat as the main ingredient, sweeping the streets and harvesting the sunflowers from the fields and fashioning them into bouquets. We finished at midnight so we all retreated to our homes and took some rest.

I woke up when a soft pillow suffocated me.

"Mm, mhmm, hmm..!"

"Zena, wake up!! The sun is already overhead! Get up, you're one of the candidates!" I removed the pillow from my face and caught my breath. I then looked at Edna in confusion that she facepalmed.

"Me, a candidate? For what?"

"Zena, you're a candidate for Ellissandra! Come on, don't tell me you forgot?"

"Who's Ellissandra again?" I asked as I covered my mouth when I yawned.

"Hah, seriously? Don't you remember that you'll get a handsome reward if you win?"

"Reward!!" I gleefully shouted and my eyes glinted.

"Yep, now get ready! I'll turn you into the most beautiful girl in Tournesol." She replied and rummaged through the cabinet. She put the make-up brushes between her fingertips and placed a mirror on the table while it's leaning on the wall. "Take a bath first while I prepare everything."

Oh my gad, I'll go through this torture again? It's fine, there'll be a reward when I win anyway.

After I finished washing myself thoroughly, I got out from the bathroom wearing a bathrobe. I saw two dresses on the bed, a purple one and a red one. When she heard my footsteps and the dripping water from my body, she turned to my direction and clapped her hands.

She dried my hair using my towel and helped me wear the corset after I put on some undergarments. She styled my hair into a semi-braided messy bun after it completely dried and put some make-up on my face.

"Do you prefer the purple one or the red one?"

"The purple one, I suppose?" She nodded and helped me again in wearing the dress. She fixed the crumpled hem of the skirt and placed a simple amethyst necklace on my neck. She walked around me and nodded to herself.

"I think this is enough."

"You think?" I retorted as I looked at myself in the mirror.

This is... amazing! To think that I'm this beautiful, I'm the princess after all.

"Thanks Edna, you're a great help!" I hugged her and let go right away. "You could be my lady-in-waiting when I return..." I carelessly muttered that confused her.

"What was that?"

"Nothing! Let's go to the plaza?" She nodded so I took the teleportation scroll that Sir Xander gave me from the cabinet and pulled Edna closer to me. I ripped it and we arrived at our destination. People who saw us dropped their jaws in awe of our grand entrance.

"Look Zena, they are amazed at how pretty you are!"

"I agree." A man abruptly replied that I shuddered.

Platinum blond hair, could it be..?