Chapter 6: Kidnapped (1)

***Heinrey's Viewpoint***

"There's grave news coming from Al Sol Palace, Your Grace!!" A panting knight said and caught his breath after a few seconds.

"What is it?! Tell me now!" Father replied.

"It's about the Imperial Princess, sire!!" The knight's words caught my attention.

"Did she wake up? How is she?" I curiously asked but he shook his head. "She didn't? Then why are you here exactly, Sir Heron?"

"H-Her body..! Her body has... disappeared..!" Father and I widened our eyes.

What the heck? She was cursed to sleep, and now she's kidnapped?! What did she even do wrong to deserve this?!

"What? That's utterly impossible! Sunni Palace is one of the safest and securely guarded places in the whole empire! Who would do such a treacherous thing?!" The Grand Duke replied.

"Apparently, one of the rebels dressed up as a maid and then managed to kidnap the Imperial Princess. His Imperial Majesty the Emperor therefore asks for your help and opinion, Your Grace." The two looked at me. "His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince also asks for the young lord's presence." We nodded and hurriedly headed straight to Al Sol Palace.

"Endless glory to the sun of the empire, Your Imperial Majesty the Emperor! And also to Your Imperial Highness the Crown Prince! As the Grand Duke, how may I help you?" Father bowed and the Emperor hugged him right away.

"Brother, what do I do?!"

I forgot that the Grand Duke and the Empress Regnant are siblings so the Crown Prince and the Imperial Princess are my cousins. According to our head butler at home, father likes the Emperor so much for her sister that father let his new brother-in-law to call him 'brother'.

"Let's calm down for now. Have you checked who came in and out of the borders? Who witnessed the culprit's face? What would you do is the culprit asks for some ransom?"

"I-I don't know anymore. If they asks me to step down, I'll do it right away." The Emperor said.

"But Your Imperial Majesty!!" I objected. "You shouldn't hastily do what those people tell you. I, in the name of the Sirius Grand Dukedom, shall find the Imperial Princess and bring her back safely. I once joined in a top secret espionage lead by my father so I'm confident with my skills."

"Heinrey, what are you saying?! Do you want to find her still unsure of the dangers? You could die at any time!" The Crown Prince finally spoke.

"Yep, she's my beloved cousin after all. Besides, it'll cause an uproar if the prophesied saint dies you know!" I grinned that he punched my face and glared at me. "I'm doing this for you and the empire..."

"No way, I'll go instead and--"

"I can do it, we can't have the empire's Crown Prince find the Imperial Princess!! It'll cause the people to panic!! I'll go!" I stood up and wiped the dust off my clothes. "Father, Your Imperial Majesty, can you give me some commoner's clothes?" They nodded and called the Al Sol Palace Head Butler Ford.

"Yes Your Imperial Majesty, Your Grace?"

"Prepare some commoner's clothes for my nephew, he'll need it to find my daughter discreetly. Also, some nonperishable foods and some mana recovery potions. I know he'll use a camouflage spell to hide his identity."

The Empress Consort suddenly barged in with his daughter Royal Princess Helia.

"Your Imperial Majesty, shouldn't you attend some political matters first? The Imperial Council has been waiting for you since this morning!" She interrupted that annoyed me.

How brazen of her to talk about the empire's well-being when the Emperor is still sad about his daughter! I will never forget how she acquired that much power, that's why I will hate her to the grave! If someone planned this incident, it should be her!

"As you can see Empress Consort, I am still busy about the Imperial Princess. Why don't you go there instead? It is one of your duties after all, doing the duties of the Empress Regnant when she is needed for something more important." The Emperor calmly said while his eyebrows were twitching.

"Ugh!!" She reacted that I snorted. She threw a glance at me and stepped back.

"Daddy, you should play with Helia. Helia misses you so much!" The Royal Princess said and used her charms but the Emperor just coldly stared at her. "Are you okay daddy?" She tilted her head.

"Empress Consort, why did you have to bring this uneducated child here? She can't even address me formally, didn't she learn anything about etiquette and mannerism? You're ought to teach her that as her mother, no?" Tears started to form in the little princess's eyes.

"Daddy, please don't scold mommy! Mommy didn't do anything wrong, it's just that Helia is not as smart as Sister Solaris!"

"Then shut the f*ck up and get the hell out of here!!" Annoyed, the Emperor shouted that the two left.

Well, those filthy bitches are gone now.

"After the preparations get finished, you should set out as soon as possible. Is it alright with you Heinrey?" My uncle asked with a gentle smile.

"I understand Your Imperial Majesty." I turned to the Grand Duke. "Father, can you tell mother and Alleria that I'll be gone for a while? You know they can be a little... protective." We all laughed at my words.

"Yes, I'll do that for you. Anything else?" I shook my head.

Apparently, finding the kidnapper is kinda tricky. To think they infiltrated the palace without arousing suspicion, they must've planned for this without any flaws. I sure hope I can find her in time.