Daisy flipped the page continuously until she reached the end of her paper, where a small table was filled with handwritten scoring.

Innovation: 3.5/5
Note: The idea of flying on a broom has been widely circulated since fictional stories of witches and wizards were written, so it is not entirely original. However, no one has actually written a scientific paper as well as make its real, physical form before. Using feet instead of hands to steer is also a new proposition in the transportation industry. That is a plus point.

Feasibility: 5/5
Note: This is the only submission completed with prototype and actual flight report.

Precision: 5/5
Note: All calculations are correct, down to its last decimal. The inclusion of temperature consideration, air friction, wind speed, tensile strength, and corrosive behavior analysis are very remarkable and thorough.

Problem-solving: 1/5
Note: Unfortunately doesn't answer any current problem, and is unable to be mass produced.

Final score:
(3.5+5+5+1) x 5 = 14.5 x 5 = 72.5

Rank:
18/153

Remark:
We look forward to see your next paper.

Daisy nodded her head slowly, "Well... It is true. I made last year's project merely out of personal pleasure and recreation purpose. If I had known—"

"Oh, nonsense. Don't beat yourself up," Ms. Sloan interjected, "I submitted this so you and I can receive a formal, external feedback as a basis to evaluate your work, and the evaluation is superb. Perfect feasibility, perfect precision, high innovation. For the next stage, though, you should expand your scope of thought. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, the purpose of life is not to be happy."

"It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well," Daisy finished. Then the extent of Ms. Sloan's words began to seep into her and she realized, "Pardon me. Did you say, for the next stage?"

"Yes," Ms. Sloan broke into a large grin, "Flip the page again, Jane."

Daisy flipped the page, and read.

Next submission deadline: April 25th, 1995

The teacher laughed as Daisy squealed, and clapped happily herself, "Congratulations!"

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿