~Magic Is Stupid~(14)

Reim Empire~A Few Hours Later

The palace was chaotic as servants rushed around trying to save the decorations and meals for the wedding. A storm had unexpectedly come around, and the looming grey clouds weren't leaving soon. A wind a had begun to pick up, the servants were also preparing to lock down the palace to protect everyone. It was so chaotic that two figures were able to in sneak easily. They had a mission that mission was to get to the magi as soon as possible. The two men were frantically searching for any of the higher beings.

Finally, Ja'far had stumbled upon one in the library who happened to be reading. He did not know of his luck though and began to apologize, "Oh I'm so sorry I didn't mean to disturb your reading."

"Who are you?" The magi known as Azicia asked dressed in garments that made her appear to be a royal guest.

"I am a servant for one of the princesses. She requested that I'd find a magi." Ja'far lied trying to leave and search more.

"Who are you?" Azicia asked again suspicious of this so claimed servant. He did have air to him that read servant, but he seemed more important than a common laborer.

"I am Ja'far." He told her so he could be truthfully and through off her suspicion. He could see her relax from her slight body movements.

Azicia lied back against the couch and asked, "Why do you need a magi?"

"It is an urgent matter that I must speak with one of them. Alone." He stated in serious tone and was leaving the room until Azicia spoke up

"Alright, what is the matter you wish to speak about Ja'far? You are my father's right-hand advisor so it must be important." She threw the book aside.

Ja'far froze in his tracks; his eyes widen in surprise for only a moment. He turned to her with a serious look on his face; it was different from the normal kind feeling he pertained. "I didn't think your mother would mention me or your father, Princess Azicia. The matter is about a sea witch named Yamuraiha."

Azicia's eyes widened in fear as Ja'far explained the situation. At that same moment, the other magi had been informed by Sinbad and Yamu's goodbye note of the current dilemma.

By The Sea

Yamu sadly and longingly looked out at the sea while she was standing on top of the cliff. She breathed in hastily and shakily, she was upset and was barely holding back tears. She couldn't stop from wondering if anyone would miss her. She never had any friends when she was a mermaid; she had to become human to find real companions she could call her friends. Of how she wished she spent more time with Pisti, Spartos, Masrur, Aladdin, and even Sharrkan. She couldn't help but wonder if she would ever find friends like them again as if it were a possibility for her. However, she knew she was going to die and that she was doing the right thing. She was going to die without a soul and become sea foam, never able to be reborn and see her friends again. She dug her toes into the sand and played with it while she just kept staring out of the sea.

"So you chose the prince's life over your life. You must love him." Kougyoku's voice rang braking Yamu out of her trance.

'Are you here to see me off?' She thought knowing Kougyoku would be able to hear his thoughts.

"I don't understand. It was so simple all you had to do was kill him, stab his chest, that's all maybe it'd take 10 seconds at most. You'd be free to live the rest your life as a mermaid like everyone else. Why did you choose him?" Kougyoku asked angrily as she realized that she had Yamu figured out wrong.

She thought that the once powerful and somewhat pridefully sea witch would choose herself over a man she fought with often. It wasn't like they liked each otherwise they would have married by now or at least courted. Yamu would have fought for Sharrkan and Sharrkan would have gone to great lengths to impress her. Despite the planning with the intention of possibly killing her Kougyoku felt sorry for the sea witch.