~Chess~(9)

Reim Empire

After a night of some conversation and introductions the magi spent most of the night discussing how they're were going to do as 'games'. Rahab was annoyed during most mainly, however thanks to creative thinking they came up with so ideas. Today was going to be the first game; they just waited for everyone to arrive.

"Good morning everyone." Rahab announced as she took a seat at the head of the table.

"Good morning." Came from everyone else at the table.

"Today we're going to start off with a game." She paused before continuing, "Chess."

"Chess really? How boring." Sharrkan sighed placing his face into his palm.

"Once you're all finished with your breakfast meet where we all met the game has been set up there." With that, the magi left all, but Azi, who was staring at Yamu and motioned for her.

Complying with the magi Yamu got up and walked over to him, he whispered something in her ear. She nodded her head in response Azi let a small smile cross his lips, he stood up and ruffled her hair before leaving. All while Sharrkan was taking note, resulting in him gripping his eating utensil tightly.

~Time Skip

"So Yamu what did Azi ask you earlier?" Asked Sharrkan boredly as he stretched his arms behind his back.

She looked up at him suspicious "Nothing important. Why are you jealous?"

He laughed loudly "No, as if you I was jealous. You're just here for your voice, and I'm just curious."

She was silent but had an annoyed look on her face; she picked up her pace and entered the balcony first. Sharrkan stopped and let out a small sigh before he realized what he did 'Why do I care that she's mad? I shouldn't care if I was mean to her, she'll get over it.' As he was thinking this to himself, he walked through the arch and found a huge chess board set up with equally enormous chess pieces. It was upon his arrival that Shenglong began his announcement "I'll be explaining the purpose for this game." He paused waiting for everyone's attention, "Now a future king is trained for possible war. If the king were to fall the queen becomes the deciding factor of the future state of the kingdom. In chess, the queen is the most important piece so all princesses will play each prince. Some of you will be conquered others will be the conquerors, but you all will play against our chess master Yamu.

Sharrkan looked over to find Yamu had taken a seat on one end of the board with her parrot with a little smile of her face. Azi was next to her lying down taking up the rest of the space of the couch looking bored.

~Time Skip

The air was tense as everyone watched Yamu play 'Serendine' who was getting plenty of advice from Drakon. Azi was watching intently as each moved their piece respectively. Yamu had played against almost all of the other princesses; Morgiana and Eva didn't last long, but they did seem to better as soldiers that commanders. Both Toto and her sister did well however Scheherazade lasted longer. Hakuei had yet to go; Alibaba studied each match taking careful note as well as Kouen did. Sharrkan was bored until Eva suggested that they dueled each other; he was currently busy on the other side of the balcony so they could still watch the matches.

"Checkmate." Broke the tension as the word finally was produced from Yamu.

Drakon let out a frustrated sigh while Yamu sat down rubbing her temples; she was getting tired and was in need of a break. However, Hakuei stepped up after Serendine retreated to discuss the defeat with Drakon. Azi clapped his hands, and Judal came out from where he was hiding to rest the board. Taking note of her current state Azi sat up to talk with Yamu "How are you feeling."