Chapter 37

Ezra's POV

"I just don't know why she forgives him." I sigh.

"And I don't know why your lying to yourself." Roman rolls his eyes. "You obviously forgive him, you're just being stubborn."

"I'm honestly not surprised Lily already forgives Luca." Leo shrugs.

"Why?" I ask. "Well I mean, you forgave your dad in a day. And he did a lot of shit." He answers. "Took your chances of having another child away, killed your grandmother, he forced you to kill, ruin, and destroy people's lives, and you forgave him right when you saw him."

"Lily's a lot like you Ezra.... You guys are a lot more alike than you think." Iris adds on.

"Luca isn't her biological dad." I say. "Ezra, when you were in a coma. Luca didn't hesitate to take in Lily, he'd take her to Tropea, go out for ice cream, they'd do simple things to get her mind off things." Leo responds. "He did treat her like a daughter." Roman looks at me.

"Im not justifying Luca's actions. I know he messed up. But I will fight for him, because he is my son."

Sense when is Leo ever serious.

Aurora walks in. "Shouldn't we be getting ready for Armando." She tilts her head.

I look at Iris who's smiling. "Get over his name already. It's funny move on." I say. "Armando." She laughs softly.

"What time will he be here?" Roman asks as the door bell rings. "Uh you don't have to answer that." He points at me.

"Shall we answer the door, m'lady." He sticks out his arm. "We shall." I take his arm. "Wheres Pierre?" I question as he actually walks into the living room. "Why does this keep on happening. We should be starred on That's so Raven." He says.

"Pierre, come here." I say as he walks over. "We're answering the door." I smile. "You need three people to answer the door." He tilts his head innocently.

Dear god pray for this man, how the hell did he get wrapped up in the mafia.

"It's more fun that way." Roman shrugs. "Link arms with Ezra and let's go." He continues.

"The three of you are discussing how to open the door... meanwhile Armando is waiting for the door to be opened." Killian walks by us, than walks into the kitchen.

Roman opens the door and the three of us are met with Armando.

"Hi." I say. "I'm Roman." He sticks out his hand. They both shake hands. "I'm Pierre." Pierre than sticks out his hand. "Nice to meet you both."

"You may come in." I say allowing him to walk in. He walks by us. "And I promise Lily will have Better behavior today." I continue as he turns to look at us. "That's a relief he says." He say in an emotionless tone.

Hello? Excuse me?

"That's a relief?" Roman questions. "Well ya." Armando shrugs. Roman looks at me confused. "She was just being a little rude and asking a lot of questions." I say.

Roman turns to Armando. "Lily has trust issues when it comes to fathers, because she's been left. Her behavior doesn't need to be excused, she's just trying to protect herself and her mother."

Beautiful start already.
Thanks Roman.

"Everyone in this family has attitudes." I give Armando the thumbs up.

I cough awkwardly. "Let's head into the kitchen."

We all walk into the kitchen.

"Hi honey." Aurora smiles. "You can sit anywhere, lunch should be ready any moment." She continues. He nods. "Thank you."