The Days After Harryween - 5

no tiktok reference

SIXTH OF NOVEMBER

y/n's pov

I woke up to the smell of bacon filling the room, the door was wide open and Harry's side of the bed was empty. I got off the bed and walked towards the bathroom until I heard an unfamiliar voice in the living room. I paused my movements and came to a realization that Harry was listening to a Parenting Podcast.

"You hear that, baby?" I looked at my slowly growing bump and rubbed it softly. "Daddy's so excited to have you."

With my bump being so small it was easy to hide. Loose fitting clothes would be my attire until Harry and I announced the pregnancy to the whole world. After we had some fun last night, we talked about ways to tell his family. Fortunately for us they'd start coming in next week so we had some time to plan. I completely forgot that his family coming to the states was a secret and I was a crying mess. I fucked up, but Harry assured me that it was okay and so we called Anne to let her know that Harry knew. She wasn't upset at me, she just laughed it off. We talked to her for a bit until Harry let out a yawn and Anne showed us off to sleep.

Harry was exceptionally glad that we wouldn't be needing to do the reveal over the phone considering every single important thing Harry has done in the past 2 years had been told over the phone. When he told his mum about Don't Worry Darling, My Policeman, and Eternals he had to facetime her. When he needed his mum the most it was over the phone. Holidays were all spent on facetime or on zoom and I knew it took a toll on all of us.

Christmas of 2020 was one of the worst. Harry and I wanted to go to London to see Gem, Anne, and Des, but with the restrictions back then we weren't even given the chance to. Anne spent it all alone and we were all bawling our eyes out when we saw Anne's disappointment on her face. Harry took it worse than me obviously, not seeing his own mum for the holidays killed him because the holidays were supposed to be filled with love and joy but it turned out to be the opposite.

Harry locked himself in the music room for hours, I'd only see him when he would go into the kitchen to grab himself a snack or right before we went to bed. I'd make him dinner only for him to take it into the piano room and eat by himself. We got into a huge fight about it and it ended with me staying at my sister's fiance's place for a few days. I shouldn't have left him alone, because I knew how much it hurt him, but I tried so hard and he just kept pushing me away. Eventually, I came home and we both came to our senses.

Now that I think about it, Christmas of 2020 was around the time Olivia had blackmailed Harry. The countless fights we had about him being distant was more than just not being able to see Anne, he wanted to push me away so if I ever found out the truth, I wouldn't be as hurt.

The day I left to go to my sister's fiance's house was one of our biggest fights.

TWENTY FIFTH OF DECEMBER 2020

"Don't you dare say that shit to me Harry." I snapped as we entered the foyer. I slipped off my heels and placed them in their correct spot near the doorway.

"It's fucking true. We're always with your family and never mine." He threw his Christmas cardigan on the ground and stomped behind me while I made my way up the stairs. "It's like you don't fucking care about me or my family."

"Goddammit Harry. You know that's not true, it's not my fault the guidelines changed." We made our way into our en suite bathroom, both of us filled with rage and anger. How dare he say that I don't care about his family. "Your family is my family, Harry. I want to see them just as much as you do." I take my makeup off with my makeup wipes as I watched Harry from the corner of my eye leaning up against the bathroom wall with one ankle crossed over the other, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration, watching my every move.