Epilogue - The Baby Stuff

THE 15TH OF DECEMBER 2021

9:49am

y/n's pov

flashbacks for reminders:

days before harryween 2: "I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of Harry building the baby's crib or him walking aimlessly in the baby clothes aisle."

san diego: Harry just pulled me in for a hug, "We'll find you a new doctor and we'll also find a new house to live in."

"Harry we don't have space for all of this in the car!" I shake my head at Harry as he swings a tiny onesie in front of my face. I snatch it out of his grasp, place it back on the rack and attempt to pull him in the direction we needed to go.

"I'll just have them deliver it to our house." He put his whole weight down, making me wobble backwards a little bit. My initial reaction would be to let it go, but my hormones wanted to yell at him. I turned around and opened my mouth to scold him, but I couldn't. He had the biggest puppy dog face while holding the onesie in his right hand and pointing to the elephants with his left index finger. "Cute, isn't it?"

I wanted to give in, but I had my reasons not to.

First of all, clothes was not on our list of things to buy.

Second of all, our families already told us to lay off the baby clothes shopping because babies apparently grow fast when their small and they said we'll have so many clothes she won't even wear.

Lastly, if I let him get this onesie then 1 is going to turn into a hundred and we don't have the space for it.

"Cute? Yes, it is, but we aren't here for baby clothes. We haven't organized her closet in the new house yet." I smack his hand and grab the onesie out of his hands, again. "Let's stick to our list; a crib, a changing table, a dresser, bassinets, a playpen, a stroller and a carseat." I look up from my list to see Harry walking deeper into the clothing section.

"I'm going to kill this guy, I swear." I push the shopping cart and walk the opposite direction.

I walk through endless amounts of baby clothes before finally reaching the crib aisle. I unlock my phone before clicking onto the group chat with Gemma, Anne, my mom and I. I scroll through our messages before finding the picture of the crib Anne had sent. The girls and I talked for hours, reading through safety hazards, measurements, and reviews before finding the right furniture for our baby.

My mom and Anne made it clear that we didn't need to buy baby food, diapers, bottles, etc. because they'd be shipping it off to our new house in LA when my due date gets closer and that's why you have a baby shower.

Anne had already sent a package to our house right when found out about our new address. The package arrived two days ago, but I haven't gotten the time to look at it yet so today might be that day.

"Honey?" I hear Harry shout from a distance. I shake my head at his voice and continue reading all of the labels on the box. "Excuse me, ma'am, have you seen my fiancé? She uh she was just here a second ago and now she's gone."

"Um, what does she look like?"

I walk out of the aisle and see Harry talking to an elderly woman, his hands in hair with a panicked look on his face.

"H!" I call out. His eyes meet mine in seconds and soon he's running towards me, well more like striding towards me.

"I thought I lost you, you scared me to death." He pulls me in a hug and rubs my back while I mouth an apology to the woman looking confused as ever.