"I hope he comes soon," Anakin gazed at the unconscious child on Obi-Wan's bed.

Doctor Kix did, indeed, arrive quickly. Obi-Wan brought him into the room. Kix nearly dropped his case of medical supplies when he saw the girl on the bed.

"Ahsoka," he gasped.

"Pardon?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"I-I know this girl," Kix stammered, making his way to her bedside. "She's a dear family friend. Her name is Ahsoka Tano. Do you know what happened to her?"

Obi-Wan looked to Anakin.

"I found her in an alleyway like this. Some kids might have done it to her. They came out laughing," Anakin explained.

Kix sighed. He began patching Ahsoka up with a grim expression on his face. Anakin and Obi-Wan waited patiently as Kix did his work.

"I know where she lives, but for her sake, she should stay here until she is well," Kix explained when he finished. "She should wake up in a few hours at most. Call me as soon as she wakes up, no matter what time it is."

"Very well," Obi-Wan agreed.

Kix handed Obi-Wan a bottle of medicine. "Give her two pills when she wakes up. They're pain killers. She'll have one whopping headache. She will be afraid, so tell her that I'm coming. She'll also be very tired. Let her sleep."

"Yes, sir," Anakin mumbled.

Kix left after that.

For the remaining of the night, Obi-Wan and Anakin took turns watching over Ahsoka and waiting for her to wake up. She remained unconscious all through the night and into the early hours of the morning.

Anakin was watching her at around 2:17 AM when her eyes fluttered open. She drew in a long breath and squinted around the room. Anakin stood up and called softly out the door for Obi-Wan. He turned back around to find Ahsoka looking at him with wide, bleary eyes.

"Hey, Ahsoka," Anakin said softly, reaching for the pills. "Don't worry, Kix is coming."

She pushed herself to a sitting position and scooted herself against the headboard of the bed, her face twisting in agony. "W-who are you?"

"My name is Anakin Skywalker. I found you unconscious in an alleyway. Kix Fett is coming right now," Anakin explained.

Ahsoka only curled into herself. "How do you know my name?"

"Kix told me," Anakin tipped the bottle to pour two pills onto his hand.

"Who's Kix?"

Anakin froze, the pills sliding out of the bottle and piling up on his palm.

"Ahsoka, do you remember what happened to you?" Anakin regained his composure and dumped the pills back into their bottle.

Ahsoka shook her head hesitantly and wearily.

Anakin handed her two pills and reached for a glass of water. "Take these. It'll help your head." He turned around to give her the water, only to see that she'd swallowed the pills dry.

Kix entered the room a minute later with Obi-Wan at his heels.

"Ahsoka, how are you feeling?" Kix asked immediately.

Ahsoka curled impossibly further into herself and hid her face halfway. "Who are you?" she spoke into her knee.

Before Kix could say anything, Anakin cut in. "Ahsoka, this is Kix. He's a family friend."

"Are you in my family?" Ahsoka whispered.

"No," Anakin said. "I met you earlier today when I found you in the alleyway."

"I was afraid of this," Kix whispered under his breath. "That gash on her head is serious."

"And who are you?" Ahsoka looked directly into Obi-Wan's eyes.

"I am Obi-Wan. I am Anakin's older brother," Obi-Wan told her.

Ahsoka's eyes were already drooping. Kix walked over and helped her into a laying position. She winced at his touch and trembled from it all, but as soon as she laid down, she went out like a light.

"What are we going to do?" Anakin asked, brushing his fingers over the dresser.

"We need to try exposing her to things that will help her remember," Kix responded. "After that, we can only wait." 

-----------------

Word Count: 1,267

Published: Feb. 11, 2022

OkAy. Part two is coming soon. 

This is actually my second attempt at writing a Modern AU like this. The first attempt is a hot, chaotic, and long mess. So I come bearing this one so you don't have to suffer. 

You're welcome. 

Requests are open. Feel free to message me or comment down below. 

Bye, peoples!