Chapter twenty six

'Good evening ma'am', Margret greeted as Symphony opened the door wider.

Yes she'd offered the girl a safe haven if she ever needed it, just didn't think she'd take her up on the offer.

'Everything okay? Come on in, do you want anything? I've got soda, tea, coffee, and if you're legal I've got wine', Margret smiled and just sat where Symphony showed her too.

Then she burst in tears.

'Oh honey, what's wrong?', Symphony immediately occupied the space next to her and held her as she cried.

She knew first hand how much help a good cry was.

As soon as she calmed down Symphony laid her down on the sofa and encouraged her to take a nap which she did.

She could only wonder what could be weighing on the girl that she broke down like this.

Hopefully she'd be able to provide the required comfort.

She moved to her music player and insert a soft hallelujah melody with the volume on low so it could sooth the girl and help her sleep better.

After about two hours with Symphony falling asleep in-between, they both woke up.

Stretching out she invited Margret to her kitchen for a chat.

'Are you ready to talk about it?', she asked as Margret seemed more interested in her glass of orange juice than her environment.

'I feel better honestly, and now it feels stupid coming here'

'No dear, never feel stupid for wanting space to rest and reevaluate your options. We adults would benefit from that if we did it more often',

'Yea?', Symphony reached for her hands.

'I'm pretty sure. You feeling okay to talk about it?',

'Yea, my dad's health is really not improving. And most times I feel like Janice is thrilled he's like that. Like she can't wait for him to die', fresh tears made their appearance.

She's such a mean person, covering it up with faux sophistication. And not to mention the weird dreams I've been having of me and her having sex, why? I've prayed, I've kept busy with the scriptures but why? It feels like I'm slipping and doing something wrong! And I don't even know what it is!! It's so frustrating and dad's health is just the icing on the cake!

I feel like my own issues are very minute compared to what he's go through but on days were I'm alone it feels like I'm living a life that isn't mine! It's just so frustrating!

Then the whole lesbian stuff! It was fun for a while but now I know better and I want it all to end. No more, I want to live for Jesus and for him alone. It's just tiring Miss Symphony!', she subbed into the tissue Symphony had given to her while she spoke.

'Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?', Margret nodded her head yes.

'How badly do you want things to return to normal? At least to how the bible says it should be?', Margret gave her an 'are you kidding me look?',

'I know it's crazy but how badly do you want it, think about it and give me your answer',

'Very much so',

'You know there are some advantages which are not advantages but you see them as a reward for these trauma, are you willing to let them go and let things work out as God says it should be?', to that Margret took a deep breathe and said with so much conviction

'Yes ma'am',

'Then let me show you something from the scriptures. You ready?'

'Yea',

'Alright, let me share with you what Mama Becs shared with me in one of our many meetings as i started out as a new christian. The book of John chapter fourteen verse sixteen, and I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper, that He may abide with you forever.

Listen to this conversation between a mother and her daughter.

'I can’t find any book to help me with the history research assignment I’ve got to finish today,'Meg’s Mum complained, 'I looked in every part of the library and didn’t find any relevant ones.'

'Well, why didn’t you use the Internet on your phone?', Meg replied.

'Oh, could I have found it there?'

'Yes, Mum! There’s more information you could get from the internet. The only issue is that you simply limit your phone’s usefulness to just calling and messaging when you could do so much more with it!', Meg told her mum.

The way Meg’s Mum is with her phone is the same way some Christians are with the Holy Spirit. Even though the Father gave us the Holy Spirit to be with us and live within us, He the Holy Spirit requires our cooperation to carry out His ministry of help in our lives.

He doesn’t do His work in you, without you. This is why His manifestations could differ in the lives of Christians. In some Christians, He’s manifested in a great measure, while in some others, you rarely see the proof of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in their lives. This ought not to be.

Cooperate with the Holy Spirit; be synchronised with Him. Encourage His work in your life. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is manifested in your life to the extent that you allow Him.

The more you cooperate with Him and encourage His work in your life, the more He manifests Himself in and through you. Remember, He’s your helper, so you need Him.

We’re the ones with the assignment from the Lord; we’re the ones charged to go into all the world to make disciples of all men. And He’s been given to us to help us carry out our assignment. Therefore, trust Him. Work, and walk with Him! Depend on Him.

Without Him, you can do nothing (John 15:5). He’s the strength that you need. He’s the wisdom you require. The Bible says, 'for by strength no man shall prevail' (1 Samuel 2:9); human abilities and charisma won’t work. You must do all that you do with the help and power of the Holy Spirit',

'The morale of this message as I've come to under with time is to permit the Holy spirit to help you. Yield Yourself To The Holy Spirit.

You're struggling so much with little results, let him have at it. And trust him to do it cause he will. If he could pull me out if the coven, divest me if the demons I summoned into my life by myself then he can surely remove the one that was forced on you.

Trust him, pray. Give everything over to him, and ensure you align with him in your words and thoughts. As he said it in the scriptures say it as well.

It's that simple, a serious struggle but a very easy solution.

And remember, one day at a time. Be kind to yourself, enjoy the process of setting your house right', Symphony ended her teaching letting Margret make up her own mind.

'Thank you', she said after a moment of thoughts.

'Would you mind sharing some confessions with me?', she asked Symphony.

'It'll be my pleasure, the first that comes to mind is this one. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. War with this one darling. I'll send you more as the days go by',

'Thank you so much for this ma'am',

'You're always welcome, and don't be a stranger around here okay?',

'Okay ma'am', she took off to head home with both of them feeling fulfilled.

Message was coined from Rhapsody Of Realities TeeVo. Article was for Sunday, December 19th 2021.

I'm a dm away for your free and current copy of the rhapsody of realities.

Comment

Vote

And share

God bless you 💞