Chapter Twelve

She was pissed.

He'd called to cancel their lunch date, something about filming taking longer than expected.

The pampering from the staff and the paparazzi were making her more annoyed.

She called for the check and her anger took a notch up when she was told it had already been taken care of.

Slamming her door she went into her house. She couldn't pinpoint why she was angry. Cancelling of the lunch date was normal, heck she'd cancelled more times than he'd cancelled on her.

Deciding to take a shower, she she undressed and went to her bathroom. The hot water felt wonderful on her skin.

She enjoyed the way her muscles relaxed under the hot spray till a hand clasped around her throat. She immediately locked eyes with the Mother.

On a norm she wouldn't have been bothered, but the Mother's eyes were in slits and her skin was scaled like that of a snake. The cobra to be specific.

'You really think you're so smart Symphony?', the Mother hissed at her the forked tongue of the snake making an appearance.

'No Mother! What have I done?', she tried for false bravado.

'What have you not done?!!!!', she screamed at her.

'You ingrate!! First my precious marks you, then you do the next foolish thing and try to hide it from me!!', she spun Symphony around and slammed her to her bathroom wall. The hot shower had become scalding.

'Do you have any idea what happens to a Coven Maestro when the successor is chosen?... She wants.. look at my skin!!!!!', she screamed at the end.

All this for her skin being fucked up? Well she does look bad..

'I'm sorry Mother-',

'Well I'm sorry too', before she could grasp what was happening the Mother sank her fangs into the mark of the cobra under her left breast.

Pain at this level shouldn't exist. She fought, trashed, screamed but the Mother held fast.

Dunny, and the Mother screamed and released her.

She slumped in the tub.

****

Incessant knocking jarred her awake.

She tried to get up but a sharp pain in her chest stopped her. She managed to stand and stagger to her mirror where the fang marks were still visible. A little prodding and black blood came out of it.

Black magic.

How she hated those things. But she'd have to cleanse herself, right after she answered the person that wanted to being her door down.

'I'm coming! I'm coming!', she opened the door to see Duncan.

'Hey, you okay? Been knocking for a while', she gestured him to come in as she spoke.

'I fell asleep in the tub, so it took a while for me to hear the knocking. Let me wear something else, I'll be right back. Make yourself comfortable!', she went to her room to change and slap a bandage over the wound that kept bleeding.

'I'm sorry about lunch, I know better than to have such plans while in the midst of active filming',

'Its fine',

'You don't sound fine',

'Yea, well I was pissed',

'I'm really sorry',

'Its okay, I'm not mad anymore. Want some soup?',

'Yea sure', she went ahead and heated up some soup. Served with bread, they talked and ate at the same time.

Before long it was quite late.

'Woah! I got to go', Duncan said glancing at his watch.

'You know you could stay over right? My couch can take you, plus you look too tired to be driving',

'You sure?',

'Yes of course, let me go find some loose clothes you can change into',

'Thank you, the thought of driving right now makes me exhausted',

'Gimme a minute', she returned with a very baggy shirt and baggy trousers which he took with him to her guest bathroom.

When he came out she'd set bedding for him.

'Thank you. Good night', it didn't take long for sleep to claim him.

She too dimmed the lights in the living room before going to her own room to try to sleep.

****

Pain...

That's the reason she woke up. She hurt all over.

What was going on? She'd found a plausible excuse not to be in church through out last week, so what was going on?',

She heard his voice before putting two and two together.

Duncan was praying.

Urggghhhh, she groaned and prepared herself to bear the pains till whenever he was done.

Too soon she was woken up by a knock on her bedroom door.

She stood up and opened the door, surprised at Duncan's dumbfounded look. She looked down and immediately knew why.

Her nightie of choice left nothing to the imagination, transparent was an understatement.

'Sorry I just woke up', she used the door to cover herself.

He couldn't have prepared for what he just saw. He had to shake his head to get some semblance of sense back in.

'No, sorry I woke you. But I'm already heading out, have an early shoot. Just wanted to say goodbye. Thanks for last night',

'Oh, let me grab my robe and see you off. At least to the door', she quickly added when he wanted to protest.

'You know the paparazzi could very well be waiting for us out there',

'Shoot, so I'm not going to get too close to the door', he laughed when she gave a cheeky smile.

'Alright', he went down stairs to wait for her. Under a minute she was making her way down the stairs. He noticed she had water sticking to her front hair.

'Thanks again',

'No problem. Have a good day', she gave him a hug.

'You too', he placed a kiss on her forehead before leaving.

Locking the door she took off the robe and stretched out. Moving to the kitchen, she saw something covered with a cloth.

Raising it she saw covered plates, which she opened to see toast, fried eggs and sausage. Alongside a note.

Enjoy this while you prepare for your day.
Have a great day.
D.

She smiled before sampling the food. Liking it quite well she pulled out a stool and settled down for an early breakfast.

As she ate she began to run the items she'd need for the cleansing spell. The pain was now bearable. She wondered if Duncan saw the bandage when she unintentionally flashed him this morning.

She smiled when she remembered his look. Oh well, one step at a time.

Time to go get this spell on the way.

Comment

Vote

And share

God bless you 💞💞