Chapter Six

As was usual for the club at 8am everywhere was quiet. Most were asleep, those that weren't were doing whatever tickled their fancy with their time.

Just like she was doing.

The final initiations were in six months. Unlike the other witches in training at her level, she hadn't done anything 'extra' with her powers. Not that she didn't know what to do with them cause that'll be plain crazy, but she hadn't found anything of interest to invest her time in.

Well until now.

Yes she'd hypnotized one or two hundred people, killed a few, hexed some and of course she had robbed some blind.

But this, this was something new. Something oddly calm and at the same time dangerous. She loved the thrill.

Mr handsome.

She hadn't stopped thinking about him. A news blog had helped her identify him and his friends that same night she saw them at the club.

She smiled as she remembered Honey screaming in frustration when her astral projection didn't provide much for her. She wasn't about to help her anyways.

He was filthy rich, the thrift in her was elated.

She'd get him, clean him out and have a bit of fun while she was at it.

With those pleasing thoughts she smiled at their pictures on her phone.

Duncan Rodriguez

Leonard Walker

Darius Peters

Benjamin Green

Kingsley Jameson

They had better prepare for the shit storm that was coming their way, because she was single handedly going to rock their world.

****

'I'm sorry Mother, I lost my connection to the target. The spell wore off under 48 hours which shouldn't be, I'll resume the ritual tonight. I'll figure it out',

The coven meeting was usually an uncomfortable experience for everyone involved, especially if you had to be queried.

For decades they'd masquraded as different bars, clubs, brothels and hangout spots with ninety-nine percent of their workforce being members of the coven.

The Mother was rumored to be over three hundred years but she never gave credence to such rumors.

She was scary mean with a quick temper. Annoy her and she'd place a curse on you in no time. Mr Gilly who appeared to have down syndrome was said to be as a result of one of her curses. The rest of his level were burnt at the spot for the mishap.

'Your excuses amuse me Honey, but seeing as you've given it sufficient effort I'll give you one last chance to fix it. Janice you had one job, you're out of time. Is the company in your name or not?', she looked Janice in the eye.

'His will is being rewritten as we speak Mother. After I've ensured it is exactly how you want it his soul is yours to do as you wish', Janice bowed deeply.

'This I like to hear. A little belladonna would hasten the whole process. I want his daughter',

'Already done Mother', she gestured the new face forward.

'Excellent! Come to me child', the girl walked to the Mother. The show of confidence had Symphony smiling, her ignorance would pay soon enough. The moment she laid her hands in the Mother's outstretched hand she screamed and the Mother's eyes glowed.

Right before their eyes the throne began moving, unwrapping itself into a huge cobra. Everyone shrunk back except Symphony. Given that she was already at the wall, with no where to go.

'Fascinating, let's give Sabrina a new host. Shall we?', a mist formed from the cobra, and merged with the girl's body.

'The more you fight,the more painful it'll be girl. Relax, accept it and you should be fine. Eventually',

The mist finally merged with the girl who opened her eyes to reveal slits for irises.

'Enjoy this new vessel while it lasts Sabrina. I'll call for you when I need you', the girl bowed deeply. Blinked, and her eyes returned to normal.

'Come here Symphony', the sudden call of her name had her looking at the Mother. She walked up to her and bowed.

The tail of the cobra moved and circled her, not quite touching her but she knew she wasn't leaving till the Mother was done. She refused to lay her hands on the hand outstretched to her

'Smart move but still foolish on your part as I always know  what's going through that mind of yours. Seeing as you've made significant progress on Honey's assignment, and you're refusing to aid her. The assignment is yours, but a blood sacrifice is needed. Go make it happen'.

She didn't need to turn to know that Honey was plotting her death at the moment. But the poor girl wouldn't want to be unfortunate and try for her. Once was enough.

Getting her mind to the easy assignment , she bowed and stepped out of the circle as soon as the cobra removed its tail from behind her.

Walking out of the meeting she went to her house, changed into her nursing uniform and went to the hospital.

******

That night a woman had given birth and was resting. Her husband was passed out on a chair and the baby was sleeping soundly.

Closing the door behind her, she quickly put both parents in a trance and put up a cloaking spell.

Step by step she set up what she needed for the ritual. As soon as her salt ring was completed, she began chanting and her iris rose into her head leaving only the white on display.

With the talisman in her hands she walked to the mirror in the hospital room, did some drawings on it and came face to face with the Mother.

'It is done', she bowed deeply.

'Splendid, carry on them with your new assignment',

She bowed again.

With or without her permission she was going after Duncan Rodriguez.

Turning back to the child she packed up her stuff, in a matter of days the child would be dead. She slipped out just as she came but not without removing any trace of her presence.

The mother of the baby jerked awake the moment she cleared out the room. Everything looked the same but she didn't know why she had a sinking feeling.
She forced herself to sit up and walk over to her sleeping baby

She released the breathe she held in when she noticed her chest moving. Placing a kiss on her baby's forehead she returned to go to her bed. She turned to her husband and kissed him on the lips before sitting on her bed and letting sleep take over one more time.

Comment

Vote

And share

God bless you 💞💞