SINCE SHE EXPECTED her father's arrival tomorrow, Daisy celebrated her last day of freedom by having dinner with the Weasleys.

"It's such a shame that nobody's going home this Christmas," Daisy said, squatting in front of the oven as she mindlessly stared at the roasting chicken in it. "Even Percy's going to Hogwarts?"

"Yes," Mrs. Weasley said from her station by the stove, "Poor Barty Crouch is sick, so his duties in the Triwizard Tournament are being primarily carried out by Percy. After all, his department along with Ludo Bagman's are in charge of the event."

"I don't sit well with leaving you and Mr. Weasley alone on Christmas."

"Oh, no, dear. Don't be! We're happy that you get to go to the Gala. I'm sure it will be just as lovely as the Yule Ball," Mrs. Weasley paused, "As for your father... Be careful. I'm always here if you need me."

"Of course."

"Ah, speaking of the Yule Ball, I have letters from the twins for you!"

Hearing that didn't excite Daisy anymore. She expected something as short as three sentences and as bland as Lucy's goulash (she wasn't a very talented cook like her mother), but then Mrs. Weasley continued, "I don't know what's gotten to them, but they forbid me to open it and it's six parchments long—"

"What?" Daisy's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"And there's also one from everyone, along with your Christmas gifts."

"Really?" Daisy stood up and dashed over quickly, "Really?"

"Yes, really!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed. Seeing Daisy's reaction sparked some happiness within her as well. Right about then, a crack was heard from the kitchen followed by a shout, "Molly!"

"In the living room!" Mrs. Weasley shouted back.

Mr. Weasley came out, dressed in his chocolate-colored robe. White snows were piling up on top of his hat and on his shoulders. "Oh, hello Daisy, dear! I almost forgot, it's our early Christmas dinner today!"

"Arthur! You're making a mess!"

"Oops," Mr. Weasley grimaced, then cleaned the trail of snow he brought into the house with a flick of his wand. "Is Percy home?"

"No. You told him about the dinner, right?"

"Yes. He did say that he has to pull some all-nighters with the Yule Ball coming up, but he'll make sure to drop in."

"Oh, alright," Mrs. Weasley said, "The food is not ready yet."

"While we wait, I have something to show you," Daisy said. She pulled the two parents until they were both standing in front of the Burrow's door. "Remember my science project, the one I've been working on for two months? I wanted to wait until Percy is home, but since it's undecided— Wait here, please."

It wasn't snowing, but the weather was very cold, and a thick layer of snow had gathered on their lawn.

"Daisy!" Mrs. Weasley called out as the girl turned left and disappeared behind the wall. "Wear your coat!"

Mr. Weasley pulled Mrs. Weasley into a side hug, warming her up, as they waited.

And waited...

Then, a shriek was heard, and Daisy reappeared—

—Daisy reappeared on a flying broom.

The two parents laughed and cheered in amusement, watching the Muggle girl flew around their open lawn. Upon closer look, they realized that it had two wings attached on its sides. Her feet were securely placed on a pair of stirrup irons, which had strings connecting them with the said wings. The broom was also equipped with a bicycle seat so she was sitting comfortably throughout the ride.