Young Blood, Old Eyes

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you're a mechanic," she told him nonchalantly. She winced, gripping her palm again. "You're trying to get me to buy your assistance in fixing this speeder. Well, I'll have you know that I am very capable of fixing my own speeder."

That's when he saw her right palm. Blood smeared it, oozing from a cleft across her hand. He bit back an angry report.

"Actually," he said in a matter-of-fact tone. "I was going to offer you some bandages and cream for that cut. I'm a mechanic, but I'm also a neighborhood fellow who takes care of children and their booboos. So, will you let me help you?"

"I'm not a neighborhood child with a skinned knee," she hissed, seemingly unaware of the blood that had started dripping off her palm and onto the ground.

"Seriously, that looks really bad," he pointed to her hand. "I'd get it taken care of before it got infected if I was you."

"I've had worse." More and more blood polled on the ground from her hand.

"How 'worse'?"

"A lot worse," she narrowed her eyes at the nosy boy in front of her.

"How much worse is that?"

"Oh my Force it's literally just a cut!" She blurted.

"How much worse have you had?" he repeated.

"Try me," she challenged.

"Uhh, getting electroculted.

"Yup."

"Falling from a really high hight."

"Yep."

"Broken a bone."

"Uh-huh."

"Gotten third-degree burns."

She snorted, "Oh, yeah."

"Spranged an ankle."

"Yes."

"Gotten a fracture."

"Done that."

"Been shot with a blaster."

"Too many times to count."

"Been in a spaceship crash."

She laughed. "Boy have I ever."

"How many?"

"Too many to count."

He thought of one that would surely get her. "Okay, have you been in a coma?"

"Yup. Multiple."

"You've been in a coma?! You've been in multiple comas?! You're so young!" He exclaimed.

"Hey!" She snapped. "You're not much older!"

"But I'm still older," he smirked.

"I could be older. I don know how old you are," she bit.

"But I'm still taller."

She gave him a look that could curdle milk. "Get out of my way before I turn you inside-out!"

"But your speeder-"

"I'll be back, now out of my way!" She shoved past him. "And if you touch it you're a dead man."

He watched her storm off, then looked back to her speeder. Well, he hadn't listened to her before. Why start now? He dragged the speeder to his shop and started working on it right away. It was very beat up.

The girl returned a while later, fuming. He could've sworn that if she'd been any angrier, smoke would be seeping from her skin.

"Okami!" she boomed. "Where is my speeder bike?!!"