being with you

Chapter X being with you

Taehyung

There's no way that it's not going there

With the way that we're looking at each other

There's no way that it's not going there

Every second with you I want another

But maybe we can hold off one sec

So we can keep this tension in check

But there's no way that it's not going there

With the way that we're looking at each other

"Architecture." Taehyung decided randomly one day as all seven of them were playing a game of poker at Jungkook's apartment.

It's been some time since things have changed, and Taehyung didn't feel alone anymore. He felt surrounded by positive and enthusiastic people, individuals coming from different environments, with quite different personalities that created a harmonious synergy only they could create. Taehyung felt close to all of them, and it was a particular feeling he didn't know existed before.

Maybe there was still a lot to learn about each other, yet there was a mutual trust always floating in the air. Each one of them was always ready to offer their honest opinion or good advice to the other, at any time of the day. Having people encourage him when he was motivated to try something new, challenging, instead of laughing at him felt refreshing, it was some sort of a catalyst for Taehyung, a new beginning, a new him.

And maybe on the exterior, he didn't show it, because it wasn't much to show, but he felt it. He started seeing things differently, he wanted to explore, research, find what truly made him happy.

Taehyung felt lucky. Everyone deserved such a group of friends.

"That's great?" Jimin replied, putting his hand of cards face down on the table, half connected to Taehyung's words, half connected to the game. He was still waiting for Taehyung to finish what he started saying

"I'm gonna focus on architecture from now on," Taehyung said again, this time determined to share his plan with the others. All eyes in the room were on him now. Jungkook already knew about Taehyung's change of plans, but the others didn't. He knew that, compared to the old group of friends, for his new friends, this particular piece of information was worth sharing. It was an important decision for Taehyung, he spent a lot of time thinking about it.

"Taehyung!" Hoseok put his hand of cards face down as well, opening his eyes widely at him. "That's amazing!"

"I will definitely allow you to create the design for my and Yoongi's future house!" Jimin offered with a sunny, childlike smile, already letting him know that they totally supported him and his dream. Yoongi sent him a reassuring smile as well, giving him the go-ahead.

Jungkook grabbed his hand, holding it close to him.

Taehyung was a bit afraid of change, especially since he had never thought too much into the possibilities of what the future could offer. He felt a bit overwhelmed, there were a lot of things to catch up with, not only in theory but practically too.

"Don't you guys think it is too late... to change my plans like this?" He eventually asked, looking forward to more than one opinion since he valued theirs just as much as Jungkook's.