falling for you came naturally

Chapter IX falling for you came naturally

Jungkook

It was only after two months that Jungkook finally admitted to himself that he liked Taehyung.

He didn't tell him.

Why did Jungkook finally decide to admit to his feelings just now? Because he needed time. A lot of it.

Time to get to know Taehyung, the real him, his reactions, his mood swings, the good and the bad. But this short amount of time for some, was enough for Jungkook to accept himself, as well as his inner feelings. He wasn't perfect, and Taehyung wasn't perfect either. They both had their ups and downs, flaws that would always be there, yet somehow, their synergy was deep and terrifying.

Jungkook didn't even know how to describe it.

He often thought of the word comfort. Was it right to think of it that way?

Whenever Jungkook needed help with something, Taehyung was somehow there for him, but it was the same for him. It was similar to the friendship he had with Jimin, yet it was different. There was a second layer of unspoken words whenever their glances met, a layer full of a comfortable tension, of questions, but most of it, of warmth.

For the past few weeks, Jungkook took some extra shifts at the cafe he was working at to be able to pay his rent for the first three months all at once, so his time was a bit limited. However, Jimin used to drop by the cafe every now and then, and he started bringing Yoongi along as well. When Taehyung found out about it and that there was a possibility for him to hang out there, he dropped by several times during Jungkook's shifts.

It quickly became a habit.

Jungkook started to interact with Taehyung not only as friends but as classmates as well. They had a few classes together so they took advantage of it, working together on some projects. They worked on a history project with Namjoon, and the results were so spectacular, they decided to continue collaborating. It also brought them closer to Namjoon, who was now invited to all of their group hang-outs, as well as Seokjin and Hoseok.

Within a few weeks, Jungkook started looking forward to his shifts. With the help of his friends, he had never been more determined to work, or even stay overtime sometimes for some more cash.

He was going to finally move out of the dorm the following week, while Jimin already made plans with the dorm room, asking Yoongi to share it with him so he wouldn't feel alone. Even though they were not an official couple yet, Jungkook knew all the insides from his best friends, along with all the extra spicy information he didn't even need. Jimin seemed confident enough about their situation, that's why he didn't insist on making it official just yet. Jungkook agreed to whatever was going on between them since he saw them both so happy whenever they were together.

They had a nice, sparkling dynamic, and Jimin loved it the way it was. Playing with each other had its own benefits, but Jungkook wouldn't find himself in such a situation.

With Taehyung, things were different. There was no fabulous spark between them, but it was a connection both of them were aware of, and what Jungkook loved the most about it was the fact that Taehyung made him feel bold and confident. He wasn't afraid he would lose him one day, even though he didn't have any expectations either.