being around you

Chapter IV ♡ being around you

Taehyung

What was intended to be half an hour at the coffee shop, turned into two hours, to both Jungkook's and Taehyung's surprise.

During this time, Taehyung got the chance to have an actual, normal conversation with Jungkook for the first time, and found out that he was indeed living up to the expectations. He was smart and social, talking a lot when it came to his dreams and aspirations, despite the impression he gave Taehyung at first. Maybe Jungkook was not a social butterfly, but he wasn't that secluded either, maybe just a bit picky when it came to the people he spends time with, and after all, no one could blame him for that.

His enthusiasm was contagious. Taehyung eventually ended up speaking about himself as well more than he ever intended to.

He admitted that he was interested in history, architecture, and art, and when he was younger, he thought he wanted to be a historian, but his inclinations changed with time, confusing Taehyung. He didn't have any reason to hide the truth from Jungkook, so he confessed that he was in a dead spot at the moment, not knowing certainly what direction he was heading in.

They got to know the basics about each other and agreed that it was of utmost importance to share such information when they were about to share their personal space during the weekend. Jungkook called it a vibe check.

They didn't talk about their past too much, Soo Hyun wasn't mentioned, relationships of any kind either. They talked about their families though, and they realized they had much more in common than initially expected.

Both moved to Seoul from their hometowns to be able to achieve their childhood dreams and even though they might have changed directions in the meantime, it still felt comfortable to share such small, yet important things about each other. Taehyung liked it and with the time spent at the cafe, he realized that Jungkook stopped looking at him with that hatred he did before.

Maybe it was just his imagination, but things started moving differently.

They ate some cheap fast food on their way back to the dorm, more at peace with the idea that they will have to spend the weekend together somehow, and instead of turning it into a nightmare, it was decided to make it bearable by eliminating some of the unwanted tension, replacing it with occasional inoffensive jokes and laughter here and there.

By the time they reached the dorm, Jimin had already been informed by Jungkook about the change of plans, and he was already there waiting for them, along with Hoseok apparently. Taehyung didn't know Hoseok that well and was a bit disoriented with the way things moved, but Jungkook explained a bit that Hoseok wasn't that close to them either, maybe more to Jimin, but he came along because he wanted to help since he hadn't been able to offer them a place to sleep in the previous night. Taehyung didn't ask any further questions and went along with their plan.

Certainly, he felt a bit uncomfortable at first. He didn't know Jimin either and didn't know what to expect.

"Hello, guys!" Jimin greeted them as soon as they entered the room, flashing them with a dazzling smile. "I know you guys had some food but I also bought donuts cause I kind of feel guilty. Those cuffs are still mine after all." He welcomed them with a donut each.

At first, Taehyung didn't say much but observed. He was surprised to see the way Jungkook's face lit up in Jimin's presence as if all the worries in the world just dissipated. It was obvious that the two of them had been friends for a long while, and the way their personalities compliment each other was endearing and fascinating at the same time.