19: The Queen's Gambit

What's popping boys and girls, sorry for another late update...was really busy with work and transferring my shit onto tumblr as back up...this whole "Books being taken down" shit really hitting the LSMU hard...anyway, we are once again bacc with another Chapter. Enjoy!

P.S. Hope you like this new style of chapter posters

~JisoosimpXD (13/2/22 at 2am)
Yes, I finished writing this at 2am...fuck I need a better sleep schedule...

————————

"Make sure to stay healthy okay? Don't skip anymore meals...you're making me worried sick..." I whisper into the phone as I choke back my tears. The last thing he needs is someone else crying.

"Okay...I will honey...I promise..."

"Good...my time is running out, love you baby."

"Love you too Nayeon..."

Beep Beep Beep

I sigh as I put the phone back onto the tray it came in. The tray hisses as it's retracted back into the wall. I bury my face in my hands, biting my lips.

"Sang-woo..." I whisper as I touch my bunny necklace. He needs me more than ever...and yet, I can't be there for him...

It's been three weeks since I've been taken to this safe house...and three weeks since Sang-woo's Eomma was shot and killed in her own restaurant, dying in her son's arms. This was all because of me...because one person wants to come after me for the sole purpose of ending me...Im Sung-woon, you fucking bastard...

Calm down my bunny...deep breaths

My boyfriend's voice echoes in my head, those words that he's said countless times replaying in my mind, over and over and over. It calms me down...and reminds me of him...

My mind begins to Wander. Here I am, safe and sound in some coastal safe house, while Sang-woo is back there, bearing the brunt of the impact. He must be hurting...he must be in so much pain.

"Dammit!" I yell in frustration as I throw the pen I was holding across the room. "Useless Nayeon...can't even be there for your boyfriend because of the mess you made..." I mutter as the tears start to fall. I miss him...I miss him so much...

A knock on the door snaps me out of my self pity.

"What is it?" I ask. My only visits so far have been by service staff to hand me food and drinks...I've had no human interaction whatsoever.

"Nayeon...it's me, Appa."

I quickly wipe my tears.

"Coming!" I yell. I say as I run over. I take a moment to compose myself before I open the door, revealing Appa and Hyejin-ssi.

"May we?" He asks. I nod and step aside, letting the two detectives in. I close the door, the triple locking mechanism activating a few seconds later, bolting the door shut.

"How are you pumpkin?" Appa asks as he cups my face. I smile and gently squeeze his hands.

"I'm okay Appa...just a little lonely."

Appa smiles and nods.

"That's great...let's sit down, we have a lot to brief you on."

We walk over to the living room in the safehouse and settle down. Hyejin-ssi pulls out a file and places it on the table.

"Right, so we're here to update you on how the case is going," she begins. "As of now, we have no solid evidence of Im Sung-woon's presence in the porridge restaurant on the day of...well...I'm sure you know what day I'm talking about..."