18: Cheer up

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late update, work :(. Before we begin, I'd like to address something.

So recently, many stories with smut (especially Kpop fanfics) in them have been getting removed from Wattpad. So I did some research and guess what? NAVER actually owns Wattpad now so uh...they may be doing some cleansing... with that being said, in the (hopefully) unlikely event that Sociopath gets yeeted out of fucking existence, I will be transferring my stuff to Tumblr. So let's all hope and pray really hard that I don't get cancelled by Naver and Wattpad...yay...

Stay safe guys!

~JisoosimpXD

I sit there in the waiting room of the hospital...the world seems to go by in a blur as I stare at my hands, my heart aching.

"Sang-woo!"

I look up and see two familiar figures running toward me. I say nothing as they both crush me in a hug.

"We heard about your Eomma...is she okay?" Chaeyoung asks. At that moment, the doctor opens the door to the waiting room.

"Park Sang-woo?" He calls out. I raise my hand and he walks over.

"She's gone...isn't she?" I whisper. The doctor purses his lips.

"N-Ne...we did everything we could but...the bullet chipped her left ventricle and punctured her lung...she was dead by the time she arrived...we couldn't do anything..." He said.

"I-I understand...t-thank you, doctor..."

"Joesonghamida," he bows before walking away. I stare at the door...what is this feeling?

"Sang-woo?" Dahyun calls me.

"G-Girls...I-"

I choke on my words, tears threatening to burst from my eyes.

Keep it together Sang-woo! Stay strong! Stay strong!

My mind is pulled out of my thoughts as the two girls hug me, both of them silently offering their condolences.

"I'm sorry Sang-woo..." Chaeyoung whispers, her grip on me tightening.

Don't cry Sang-woo...you have to be strong, be strong for everyone okay?

How Eomma? How can I be strong for everyone...

It's too much...

I feel like I'm sinking.

I feel like I'm melting.

My body shakes, my vision blurs.

I break down right then and there, sinking to my knees as the emotions that I tried so hard to hold in burst forward in a flood of tears. I know I promised you that I'd be strong Eomma...but at this moment...I don't think I can.

The hands around me only tighten as my two best friends hug me tightly, holding me close to them as I wail. I don't care that I'm in public...I don't care that I'm a grown man...all I want is for my Eomma to be here with me again...

"She's in a better place now Sang-woo...she's free," Dahyun sniffles as her voice starts to break as well. I feel her tears wetting my neck as she holds me close, doing her best to comfort me. It must hurt for them to see me lie this, to see their best friend reduced to nothing but pain and tears.

I want to stop...I want to stop shedding these tears of pain...these tears of sadness, but I just can't, my body won't let me. No matter how hard I try to force myself to stop, I just can't...I'm sorry Eomma...I couldn't save you, now I can't even keep my promise.