3: Live a little (Day 2 - Tells)

Hello everyone! Thank you for the huge support for the book, I'm happy that you guys enjoy the chapters :)). Thank you for taking your time to read my book and I will be back with more Nayeon!

~JisoosimpXD

——————————————

I stared up at the ceiling, aimlessly tossing a tennis ball up and catching it as it landed. I couldn't sleep, not after this afternoon.

Sang-woo...I...I think that I have feelings for you.

God...what was that about?

I sigh as I turn to my side, recounting the moments right after that sentence...

***

We just stared at each other...unsure of what to say.

"I-I'm sorry...I-I think I should go," she muttered as she quickly packed her things.

"W-Wait...Nayeon..."

"I'm sorry..." she whispered before walking out. I stayed in my seat, unsure of what to do.

"What happened? Did she not like the food?" Eomma asks as she walked up to me. I sighed an ran my hand through my hair.

"I don't know Eomma...I don't know..."

***

"Why me...why am I special?" I mumble as I stare at my hand, the very hand that she held just hours earlier. I had no idea what to feel about the situation. Do I like her? What does she mean by "might have feelings?"

If there's one thing I learnt from living with Chaeng and Dubu, it's that talking things out is the best way to go.

I sat up in bed and grabbed my phone from my side table. Unlocking it, I search for Nayeon's contact and after mustering up some courage, I hit the green phone button.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

"Yeoboseyo?" she mutters.

"Hey Nayeon...it's me..."

"I can see that."

I chuckle as I cross my legs.

"My bad...hey so erm...we need to talk about what happened this afternoon..."

I hear rustling from the other end and a click.

"Of course...Can...Can I go first?"

"Sure."

"I...I just want to say I'm sorry...so...so sorry...I-I don't know what came over me there...I felt so many things back there...I...I was scared, I was confused...I didn't know what to do so I just...ran."

I stayed silent, allowing her to continue and process the information.

"I've never felt this way before Sang-woo...I've...I've..."

Her voice began to tremble on the other end as she struggled to form a sentence. All I wanted to do right now was reach through this screen and hug her tight. I wanted to hold her close and comfort her, tell her that everything was alright.