Chapter 22

Y/n POV

As I took Rias home and went our separate ways, leaving to go back home, the thought of Rias and Issei didn't exactly sit right. Bluntly, it made me question myself.
Y/n (Mind): Why do I feel like I'm a douche who stole another man's girl? Even if it IS issei.

I returned to the shop and walk inside. I saw the shop as it always is, and go upstairs to the bedroom and clean up; Shower, brushing my teeth, making sure I'm still me in the mirror, (yep, it's still me), and return downstairs to the main lobby. I sit down and look down at the box of spare materials of electronics and components.

Y/n: Nah.

I look up onto the ceiling. Just thinking about something. I didn't exactly question my role to be with Rias. But did they really think that through? I mean, they didn't exactly take our emotions into the equation and how we were gonna end up. But we aren't really fighting it, I think... I just shut my eyes and drift to sleep.

Suddenly I open it and I am on an island. On a sandy beach, the ocean rolling on the coast.

I look around and immediately realize...

Y/n: This is a dream.

Dante: Yep!

I turn around to see my deadbeat dad on a lawn chair sipping on a coconut drink.

Y/n: Been awhile. Where have you been?

Dante: I have no clue. But you're right. Has been a while since I did this. Some good ol' father-son bonding.

Author's POV.

Y/n: Okay. That's not what I'd call this.

Dante: Well, either way, we have some work to do.

Y/n: Okay, but why? And why did you stop showing up for a bit?

Dante seemed hesitant to answer. He looked up at the sky and looked as birds flew by.

Dante: Let's not answer questions that I don't know the answers to.

Y/n: What?

Dante immediately teleports away. He emerges a few feet away from his original position and pulls out his twin handguns, Y/n pulled his handguns instinctively.

Y/n: Okay, Dad threatening his kid with guns... did not know this was 'That' type of family bonding

Dante: Show me your marksmanship! C'mon!

He begins firing rapidly, Y/n pulls out his guns and unloads a barrage. Each bullet fired met the other bullet fired by the opposition and impacted. The sparks flew by like whirling lights, the sounds of the bullets colliding were ringing in the air.  Y/n teleports using Trickster to get advantage and uses his Angelic Dash and Angelic Jump to overpower and push pressure onto Dante. As Y/n was falling towards Dante, he reeled back and hit him on the top of his head with a mid air reverse bicycle kick.
Dante falls head first onto the sand. Y/n stands over his body with his guns trained on him.

Dante: Uuurgh... Where the hell did you learn that?

He says as he gets up, and trying to get the sand out of his hair.

Y/n: YouTube?

Dante: Hahahaha! That's my kid!

He stands up and cracks his back. Several pops are audibly heard.

Y/n: Anyway, I need to know, Why was I in an arranged marriage?

Dante: Didn't I answer this before?

Y/n: No. You didn't. You just mislead the question. What was that about? I stole a man's girlfriend, and kinda didn't have a choice in the matter.