Community- (Homage to Hermitcraft)

AN- This is my little homage to Hermitcraft that I wrote before moving to Germany. Not all pairings are in a romantic relationship. For example: False and Cleo – I don't ship them but I just wanted to make sure every hermit was included.

Zedaph POV-

There're many things to love about the Hermitcraft server. I don't think I'd be able to pick out the best. Watching the builds and the shops populate the server is never boring. Each shenanigan brings another layer of enjoyment to the already exciting place I call home. From head games and having my head chopped off while just trying to shop to the mayoral campaigns. Even now, sitting on the top of the nether portal platform, I can see the Hermiton Herald where the old head game's platform was. I can admire the diamond throne and stare at the maps of the candidates. The tag 2: electric boogaloo diamond pile sits silently on the purple mycelium.

The other hermits were sprawled around the shopping district, enjoying a small picnic that Stress and Doc had set up, sponsored by Five Goats of course. I sat, chewing on a simple steak sandwich as my legs dangle over the stone, the nether portal drowning out their laughter.

"Hey Zed."

I glance up into the brown eyes of Impulse. He was standing just beside the bubblevator, holding his own sandwich in a waterproof bag. I smile at him as he sits beside me, his damp hair flopping into his eyes and dripping onto his tee-shirt, turning the green creeper face a darker shade.

"You looked lonely up here and I figured I could join you."

The fact is, I had been feeling lonely. Even since I moved into the cave of contraptions and Tango and Impulse started dating, I hadn't seen anyone much. Sure, I was invited to every server wide gathering like this one, but I didn't feel confident in going to talk to anyone. And Tango and Impulse spent most of their time together, don't get me wrong, I think they are the cutest couple, but I miss our ZIT pranks and all-round shenanigans.

Impulse was slowly munching his sandwich, watching me sadly. I just smile, "thanks, I think I could use it right now."

Impulse nods but doesn't ask further. I continue to watch the hermits as they eat their dinner then spread out around the cowmercial district. We are soon joined on the nether portal platform by Tango who greets us then sits beside Impulse who promptly lays his head on the demon hybrid's shoulder. I watch them for a minute before excusing myself, saying that I want to go on a walk.

I glide down to the cobble path and quickly study the surrounding area. I glance back up to Impulse and Tango who were sharing a sweet kiss in the fading light. I feel my heart fill with joy at their apparent happiness. They were my best friends and I truly wanted the best for them.

The first thing I notice as I glance around is False and Cleo sparring on Grian's barge. Now that I wasn't sitting by the annoyingly loud nether portal, I could hear the clanging of sword on shield. I watch for a moment, marvelling at the skill of False as she skipped around, almost dancing, on the planks of the floating barge. A sweating and exhausted Cleo was more unsure but whenever she would make a mistake, False would stop and gently show her how to parry or thrust correctly.

I made a mental note to ask False for some PvP lessons while my eyes find themselves staring at a very red Mumbo Jumbo sitting on the steps of the quart shop. His suit was slipping off his shoulders as Iskall pulled on the sleeves. I laugh at the position of Iskall as he was lying nearly upside down on Mumbo's lap, still munching on a cookie as he worked to remove Mumbo's suit jacket. I'm guess Iskall just wanted to make Mumbo blush, he also says Mumbo's hot when he's flustered.

I'm distracted away from the couple as I hear a couple giggles behind me. I spin to see Doc pulling away from giving his girlfriend, Stress, a simple kiss. She was grinning and I smiled lightly as they walked pasted me, hand in hand.