"𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈"

He couldn't believe it, growing up to be this angered prince who loves to show off and is a short-tempered guy that turned into a loving, caring king who adores and respects the nation and of course his husband. Who would've thought? Lee Minhyung, the little lion of Leones turns out to be the ruler of both lands. Wow, this was honestly a dream come true for him.

Having the best dream of his life such as marrying Donghyuck, having kids, and reuniting with the other nations to form a strong bond, Mark was happy while sleeping. All that he could have ever dreamed of was happening right now, well...except for the kids part, that'll soon happen but now is not yet.

Speaking of Donghyuck, he shifts his body around to find a comfortable position only to feel something or someone missing on the bed. He wanted to hug Donghyuck and keep him in his arms while he sleeps but he's somehow...missing.

"Sunshine?" his woke voice fills the entire room, he squints his eyes, not wanting to fully wake up yet. But then he didn't find Donghyuck anywhere inside their shared bedroom.

He had no choice but to stand up and find his husband, wearing his slippers and his silk robe before stepping outside. He lazily waddles every corridor but fails to find him. It's always those midnight thoughts where he suddenly becomes smart and thinks that the tanned male might be in the library...or...the hidden training room.

First, he goes to the library but only sees a few guards guarding it. He receives a good evening from them as he returns it back but with a sleepy one. He then walked down to the basement only to prove that his guess was indeed right.

There was an eldritch spell that kept the door sealed from everyone. This was difficult for everyone and also the other spellcasters but in Mark's state, this was a piece of cake since his husband taught him how to get through this.

"Let's see..." he faces his fingers in front with only the pointer and middle out, the circular ritual-looking yellow disk seems to respond to Mark's fingers. With one turn to the right, the spell allows him to get inside the training room. Mark smiles and enters, his expression then changed from a happy one to a more worried expression.

A whirlwind that had floating books, quills, empty potion bottles, and runic spells kept spinning around Donghyuck's individual levitating body. He was under a spell and Mark couldn't help but wonder why the tanned male doing this at this very hour.

'Let's see...earth 98, earth 616, no...not there...hmph, not there either...'

He could hear Donghyuck's whispers while he reads countless books that he just throws into the whirlwind when they don't contain the information he is looking for.

"Earth 525, 75? 99?! Why is there no dimension that'll give me the anSWER TO MY QUESTION!"

Donghyuck raged as he burst the whirlwind into a stop, making Mark gets hit by two of the floating books on his face.

"Ouch! Sunshine, what are you doing?" Mark groans, massaging his cheek. "Why are you casting a-ah! A spell in the middle of the night?" he asked.

Donghyuck flies down as the intense glowing in his eyes fades away, he recognizes that Mark must've gotten hurt because of his anger. "Oh my god love, I'm sorry!" He cups Mark's face and checks if he has a bruise or not. Luckily, there was none.

"No I'm fine but YOU look like you are not, now care to tell me why you are doing this?" Mark took off Donghyuck's hands and pecked him on his lips.

Donghyuck warmly smiles and turns around, putting Mark's arm around his waist as the older places his chin on the crook of his neck. They both look at the mess he made inside the training room while rocking their feet side to side.

"I was just...researching..." Donghyuck hid the true reason why he was using magic, "researching otherworldly threats out in the other dimensions that might affect our own dimension" he gave a cheeky smile.

"Are you some kind of protector of the realm or something now?" Mark joked as the younger slapped his arm playfully, "but seriously love, you shouldn't be doing this at this time" he added.

"And why is that?" Donghyuck turned around and poked Mark's cheeks before walking around the room to retrieve all of the fallen books that are scattered everywhere.

"Because number one, you are alone, number two, no one is there to protect you, number three, I am not there to protect you, and number four...I am not there with you" Mark said sternly. Crossing his arms while staring at Donghyuck disappointedly.

The tanned male slouched and pouted, he knew Mark was going to be like this and he was going to be in trouble. But he can't help it, the reason why he was doing this is very private and it's something he doesn't want the older to know.

"Love, I'm sorry", manipulating all the books to stack into an orderly pile, Donghyuck walked to Mark and kissed him on the lips. "I just don't want you to get hurt when I'm in the middle of my incantation"

"Well same reason here, I also don't want you to get into trouble" Mark whined, holding hands with the younger. "At least make me join your trouble"

"And be troublemakers?"

Mark nodded as Donghyuck giggled, "you know we're kings now, right?"

"And you were the one who said you want to join my troubles"

Mark scrunched his nose cutely as Donghyuck did the same, laughing at their faces after.

Even though Mark wanted to know the real reason behind this whole situation, he thinks it is best to settle it when the sun rises. Right now is not the right time especially when he still wants to sleep.

"You and I should go up and sleep, it's the right thing to do especially at this hour" Mark held hands with Donghyuck as the younger nodded, both of them leaving the basement.

Donghyuck looks back one more time and continues to walk with Mark back to their bedroom but the reason why he had to look back is that he created a talisman wherein his soul continues the search for his answers in other dimensions.

This way, Mark wouldn't know and he won't be worried. 

𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚'𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆-𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒉𝒚𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝑺𝒖𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕

-*:・゚✧*:・゚✧𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒂 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧