[𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲]

Chapter 30: Mother

"Donghyuck, oh my god! What happened dear?" Donghyuck's mom stepped forward, she inspected the tanned male's face that was filled with bruises and blood, his suit had small torn parts around his body and he looked exhausted.

Donghyuck was about to speak up but then tentacles made from vines came snaking from the front door. Koeun walked proudly with her bouquet of roses in her hands. She smiled at everyone as she fixed her shattered crown. "I'm gonna say this once...sacrifice the ascendant and let the princess of Cethin marry Mark Lee" she spoke, her smile never leaving her place.

"What?!" Taeyong whispered in a shout, he held Jaehyun's hand with worry plastered on his eyes, "Jaehyun, what is going on?" he asked as the younger held his hand tight.

"Now is not the time to explain...I'm sorry," Jaehyun answered, he let go of his hands and gripped on his staff harder.

"Absolute nonsense Koeun! You will never marry our son! No one will agree to your marriage-"

"Oh please! Didn't you tell these people that queen flora never knew about Mark and Donghyuck's marriage?" Koeun interrupted, smirking as the loud gasps and whispers from the audience filled the room.

The rulers of Leones and the queen Nala gulped at their reactions, they didn't know what to cover for that. That was something that they kept to themselves because they thought that the royal families would just not mind it and proceed to support the marriage.

Queen Aera gathered her courage and stepped forward, "Koeun, I'm sorry...but...whatever your plan is...it is not working, we will never agree with your plan" she said as Koeun dropped the bouquet of roses. "Please...leave" she added and went back to helping Donghyuck with his bruise.

Koeun felt her blood boiling, the fire inside her becoming more and more intense, she watched how the queen took care of Donghyuck a.k.a Mark's future husband, she hated it, Donghyuck and Mark? It never fit well with her. She blamed it on Donghyuck, everything, she blamed it on the tanned male.

The whispers of the crowd and the looks that were giving to her were overlapping, Koeun couldn't focus, all her emotions were just jumbled up inside and the voices inside her head couldn't stop ringing. She gritted her teeth in annoyance, once she calmed down the voices, her crazy eyes shot directly at the tanned male who looked at her in a frightful way, she activated her dark magic in both palms and launched forward only for Donghyuck's mom to defend him by sending an aura of light magic that struck her back.

Aera stood up and tilted her head, "you dare?" she asked, her royal crown glimmering in pure daylight even though it is nighttime, the ends of her gown were lightly levitating as she had her hands covered in the aura of light magic.

"Oh my...is this happening right now?" Koeun psychotically laughed, "the princess of Cethin versus the queen of Helianthus? I must be dreaming!!" she said, laughing.

"You may have done all of these horrible things to my son and Mark but that will end now, you weakened child!" Aera charged forward as Koeun did the same, their hands hardly touching against each other as the strong gusts of wind shockwaves the entire room. "I can protect my subjects...from you!" she says and flies upward, channeling a gigantic amount of light that lasered towards Koeun.

Koeun immediately parried the spell by launching a laser too, now both were in the middle of a duel. In every fight, the well-experienced ones are always the ones who win but this fight...it was rather...tied. Their strengths were the same, everytime Aera would push her magic more, Koeun would do the same with no difficulty. Nala would try to help Aera but she was blocked by Aera by putting a force field around her and the rest of the people.

Koeun placed the duel to a stop as she flew up too. She performed a spell that made Aera widen her eyes. She was stunned how Koeun was able to chant the words in a smooth way and how slick she was with her hand movements as she drew the spells forward. She tried to create her own spell but it seems that Koeun's hex was blocking it.

Donghyuck and Sunoo watched as their mother was just there, levitating helplessly, they tried breaking free from the protection spell their mom built for them but it wasn't working. Donghyuck used his powers but nothing worked.

"Mom!" Sunoo shouted, punching the field again and again.

Donghyuck watched Sunoo and then met eye to eye with his mom, he was determined to help but his mom doesn't want him too. They both look at each other in worry.

Koeun's eyes travelled to where the woman was looking at, she smiled and thought of a plan, "if this is my only way of taking down the rulers of Helianthus..."

"Don't you dare, Koeun"

"Then I will start off with the kids" She simply said and summoned a hail of swords that are made out of ice, she controlled all of them in one hand and threw them to where Donghyuck and Sunoo was on.

"No!" Aera shouted and flew down, she tried her best to create another shield but it was too late, the sharp ends of the sword stabbing her body as she fell down to the ground with the ice crafted weapons attached to her.

"No! No! No!...mom! No!" Sunoo said and ran immediately to their mother when the barrier faded, she carried his mom to his knees and examined her stab.

Donghyuck did the same as he felt his eyes burning and his heart clenching, he knelt down and held his mom's hand, "mom...please breathe...I can heal you, I can still do that...I'm an ascendant I can-"

"Ssh! It's fine Donghyuck....please...save yourself" was Aera's last words before her soul ascended to the heavens. Her hand falling after touching her two son's face, indicating that she is now gone.

Everyone was in horror seeing the queen of Helianthus dead, Sunoo felt angry as he stood up and started blasting Koeun's protective runes around her, each blast, each rune was shattered, already making his stand to fight the crazy girl too.

Donghyuck wasn't moving at all, he doesn't know what to do, should he help Sunoo? should he just watch his brother fight Koeun too? or maybe-...wait no...he suddenly remembered his promise with Sunoo.

"Sunoo...."

"Sunoo...needs to kill me" 

needs to kill me"