[𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱]

Chapter 26: Dating?

It was the day of the grand ball.

The royal houses were excited about going to the ball and celebrating the soon-to-be newly wed couple, the civilians were excited too, they were preparing so much for this event, they bought new dresses, styled their hair and many more. They are so excited to see Mark and Donghyuck.

Meanwhile at the palace, everyone was chaotic. The maids, the knights, the elderlies, they were all running around the castle while Sunoo, Mark, Yuta and Donghyuck stayed in one room to fit their clothes. Mark and Donghyuck always stuck together, helping each other out if they needed anything while the two at the back would always smile in a teasing way and ship the two. Mark would catch them and just playfully glare.

Sunghoon, the general of the royal guards couldn't be more nervous for today. It was his first time commanding the entire house of knights all on his own, and it was his first ever event so he had to make a good impression on everyone.

Jaehyun and Niki, heard about the ball that was happening and decided to go. Jaehyun told the queen about Mark and Donghyuck's thronecoming and she was as surprised as what the older told Niki. How come she was never informed about it? And how come no one told her that his two brothers died already? She wanted to go too but she thought that it was better to go to the actual thronecoming than the grand ball, to surprise everyone at least.

Meanwhile on the dark lands, Ko-eun was in a state where her mind has been talking to her ever since she declared the plan to all her trusted people. Her consciousness kept on bugging her, distracting her, ruining her sleep, trying to remind her of all the horrific events that happened in the past. It hurt her so much. Her plan is going to work, she'll kill Donghyuck, make Mark her king and husband, and...rule over all the nations. And no one will get in her way.

"Hyuck" Mark called the boy who was reading a book, earning a surprised look from the younger, he then took the book from Donghyuck and placed it gently on the table, he went closer to the boy and connected their lips, placing his right hand on his chin.

Donghyuck was shocked when Mark suddenly kissed him, when Mark pulled out, he furrowed his eyebrows, "what was that about?" he asked.

Mark chuckled lightly, "I just want to remind you that I am here" he smiled genuinely making the younger's cheeks flush.

Donghyuck fixed Mark's front hair, humming in the process, "well...I always know that, king Minhyung" he giggled.

Mark let out a disgusted scoff and rolled his eyes, "Can you just call me Mark? It feels like i'm getting called by my parents" he pouted.

"But I always call you that," Donghyuck said.

"Well that was before we were close, now you can call me Mark and not Minhyung anymore, I like it better" Mark smiled and rested their foreheads together, "how do I call you now?" Mark asked.

Donghyuck shrugged and got out of Mark's embrace, getting his book back and going back to reading again.

The doors opened revealing Sunoo wearing a white long sleeve with a corset on top, his long cloak flowing while he walks as his heeled boots clank the marbled floor.

Mark thought of a question to ask Sunoo, he smirked and asked, "Sunoo, does Donghyuck have a nickname? Like a funny one?" He looked at the younger brother and then felt a head turn in his direction. He can feel Donghyuck shaking his head slowly to Sunoo as if he's warning him not to say anything.

Sunoo just came for a spell book but because of Mark he decided to stay a bit, he leaned on the shelf and tilted his head, "well...Sunghoon-"

"Don't you dare" Donghyuck widened his eyes.

"Sunghoon hyung used to call him Haechan before...or sunshine, maybe? I forgot, hyung....how does he call you again?" Sunoo teased, his eyes landed on Mark who was suddenly glaring at him, he got the message really quick. He knew he screwed up.

Whistling, he slowly stepped back and scratched his head nervously, he reached the door and closed them, making sure to say "goodbye" before fully leaving.

When Sunoo left, Mark turned his body towards Donghyuck, he raised a brow and placed both his hands on the desk, "were you and Sunghoon dating before?" he asked.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Donghyuck fought back, shrugging while his eyes are fixated on his book.

"Answer the question Lee Donghyuck, were you guys dating?" He asked again, this time with a louder voice.

"I might've had a little crush on him before" Donghyuck sighed, "but that only happened for one day, okay?" he added, he stood up and fixed Mark's collar. "Don't worry about it" the tanned male bit his lips, hesitating to say his next line, "you're the only one I like Mark Lee" he hid his flushed cheeks by looking down.

Mark's smile appeared and wrapped his arms around Donghyuck's waist, "i'm still not yet satisfied though"

"Huh?" Donghyuck furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Kiss me" Mark simply said, smirking at the younger, he scooted closer as their chests are now connected, "i'm waiting"

"Is this the love charm messing with you again?" Donghyuck raised a brow and searched for any signs of pink irises from Mark's eyes.

"No Haechan, it's the real me and besides I've learned how to control it" Mark answered, chuckling.

Donghyuck would be lying if he didn't hear Mark calling him Haechan just now, he crept up a smile and pecked Mark's lips. He looked away and pushed Mark so he could be free but the older held him tighter.

"Where do you think you're going, mister?" Mark said, he gently held the boy by the chin and smashed his lips on his, they made out for a good second till Mark pulled out to catch his breath, "I'm calling you Haechan or sunshine from now on, alright? I'll tell Sunghoon to never call you that anymore" he instructed, making Donghyuck scoff in disbelief.

"That was before Minhyung"

"I told you to not call me that"

"whatever"