[𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞]

Chapter 49: Let's go learn some Dark Magic

"I'll guard with Jay" Ten said, "I think you only need Taeil and Sunoo for this one" he added and sealed the doors.

The two ascendants, Jungwon and Sunoo sat down on the middle of the library where a circular floor in which they guessed are for rituals is located. They all sit facing each other, creating this diamond formation.

Sunoo begins the ritual by drawing lines that bends into a circle. Each circle he draws turns into rings that grew bigger and revolve around them, he repeats this process three more times and then spins the rings around.

Taeil helped with the rings, keeping it stable and to make the ritual happen.

Donghyuck closes his eyes amd focuses on taking Jungwon to the afterlife, after being fully linked to the bloom ascendant. Donghyuck casted a rune that made Jungwon go through a trance as he is now in contact in both the spirit realm and the human realm.

Ten and Jay watched them perform, both worried for the boys.

Jungwon found himself in some type of astral plane where he meets thousands of souls. This must be the afterlife, he thought. He didn't waste any time running around and finding Mark and Jaehyun souls but then he encountered a sharp blade that was almost going to end his life there.

The figure that tried to kill him looked exactly like the drawing he saw on the page of the ritual instructions, it was stated that in order to complete the ritual, the one who is in charge of the ritual must challenge the protector in a fight. And of course, the one in charge is obviously, Jungwon.

Meanwhile, in the mortal realm, everything was silent, Taeil kept rearranging the rings to avoid destruction against the mortal universe and the dead, he kept looking at the other spellcasters and couldn't help but chuckle at how focused they looked.

Ten noticed his actions and laughed too but not until the doors suddenly started banging and the big wooden plank he placed to lock the door was already getting destroyed. Jay readied his sword and crossbow while Ten conjured a bow and arrow in his hands.

"You guys better hurry! We have guests!" Ten said and saw that there were already soldiers climbing up the windows.

Jay ran to the windows and found the ropes that the guards were using to climb, he slashed all of them and watched the guards fall back to the ground, "ha" he lets out and throws a middle finger at the people below.

"Jungwon, I hope you're still in there," Donghyuck said while making more runes.

"Mark!" Jungwon shouts and flies to the older, grabbing his soul, "we can't let you die yet" he says and forms a shield in front of them to deflect the attack of the protector.

Mark doesn't respond, he just looks confused.

"Just stay with me, okay?" Jungwon says and lunges forward, punching the protector on the face and summoning a gigantic vine that smashed his enemy to the ground. "Now where the hell is Jeffrey hyung?" he whispers while eyeing the entire place.

The doors burst open as Ten covered his face, he looked scared and mad at the same time just by looking at the manticore in front of him. "I thought you killed this dude?!" he shouted at Donghyuck who was also shocked to see the manticore alive again, but then he answered.

"It's probably the wife or the son, I don't know!"

Ten formed his bow into a javelin, a charged forward as the manticore did the same, Jay was in charge of the guards climbing up and he's not gonna lie, it's fun seeing them fail.