[𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞]

Chapter 33: locked up

- 1   M O N T H  L A T E R - 

He drew a little line on the wall for the thirty-first time and said, "Thirty-one." He sat slumped on the hard concrete floor, filthy and helpless. 

Every day in his prison was like torture, not because the food was awful, but because he was so tightly bound within. 

He could only go back to the wall and short in front due to the long chains linked to each of his hands. 

The little square window was his only source of light, and runes were carved on each corner of the wall to prevent him from accessing his power.

It's been a month and a half, things were so different than before. Well it is no surprise that things will change once Koeun takes over, Sunoo heard that Mark and Koeun got married right after controlling everyone in Helianthus, the next day after that disaster, Koeun master planned the wedding, death threat Mark's parents to make them get married, rushed the wedding with Mark no being able to have a say...why? Oh it's because she planted a seed inside Mark's head, some love charm but worse.

And for Sunoo, Sicheng threw him into this stinking prison that night he got knocked out. It was sad for Sunoo because he was kept here like an animal, every meal time they give him his food, every afternoon they take him out to walk and at night time they just throw him a blanket and that's it, he hated it so much.

The snow-haired boy would be lying if he were asked that if he cries every single night, not because he wants to get out or anything but because the past events haunt him. It was as if his parents and brother were in his prison too, talking to him and reminding him everything he does not want to remember. He was turning into a psychopath at this point but he swore to himself he doesn't want to end up like that.

"Please, spare me! I didn't do anything wrong, don't lock me in here I-"

Scoffs, Sunoo rolled his eyes at the first ever person to get the throne inside his prison. He looked up and tilted his head seeing the male's back figure, black hair, slim body and a...spellcaster?!...this is unexpected, but he wondered where he is from? His clothes...weren't Helianthus typed neither Leones, who cares about Cethin's? Is he from Faun?

He watched how the boy stupidly hurled his hands up in the air and blast the prison door but nothing came out from it, he shook his head in disappointment.

"Your magic is no good here, you idiot and stop crying, it's making me sick" Sunoo said, shocking the male who turned around and met eyes with the chained male. There it is. His facial features. Fox eyes, chubby cheeks and a pair of plump pink lips. This man is beautiful, balanced with his own. Sunoo laughed lightly, "someone like you shouldn't in be here, why did they lock you up?" he asked.

"I-I don't know but...I was on a trip with my boyfriend and we- we stumbled on Helianthus' gates, we were just passing by and then the guards took us and said that we were a threat...my boyfriend got beaten up but I saved him...I told him to run back to our nation and seek for help...so I sacrificed myself" the male said, his voice breaking as he continued to cry.

"That's fucked up, what is it like out there?" Sunoo asked out of the blue.

"In Helianthus or from where I am?"

"Helianthus of course, but yes I would also ask where are you from?"

"Oh, I'm from Faun and to answer your other question" he sighed, "it...it looks bad" he simply said, scrunching his nose.

"What do you mean?"

"I have never been in Helianthus to be honest but I can tell that this place was beautiful before" the boy smiled, "I can sense the flowers blooming in every corner of the walls and the plants sprouting everywhere, it must have been a thrill living here right before all this"

Sunoo smiled and nodded, he stood up as the chains made a heavy clinking sound, alarming the boy, "don't be scared, they didn't want me to use my magic either because they know that once I do...I'll be burning this palace and the one who did this to my nation" he gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"Why can't we use our powers here?" the boy asked, "and who are you supposed to be? And why are they keeping you so tight in this prison?" He was asking many more questions.

Sunoo scoffed, "look up" and the boy followed, seeing different runic symbols on each wall, his jaw dropped seeing the reason why he couldn't use his powers in the cell, "and to answer those follow-up questions...I'm the prince of Helianthus or also known as the only elemental dancer of Helianthus and the reason why they keep locked up here with all these" he showed the large chains that was covering his entire hands, "is because my power is on the same level as an ascendant, balanced just like my..." he hesitated for a while, "brother"

Brother. He remembers him again.

'You did what you had to, don't be sad, Sunoo'

'I never would have gotten myself killed by that bitch'

"Shut up! It was all your fault! I was not the one who killed you!" he shouted at himself and aggressively turned his head to the right. He then started saying stop again and again as the voices in his head slowly disappeared.

The boy on the other hand was watching Sunoo in fear, he stepped back a bit and saw the scene unravel before his eyes. He felt sorry for him, he could feel the aching of his heart on his and also the memories that were intact in his mind.

The boy could tell that Sunoo was getting corrupted.

"I'm sorry about that, you must think I'm a lunatic now" Sunoo said, looking down on the ground, "I'm uhm Sunoo by the way, Lee Sunoo"

"Oh no, it's okay..and"

"My name is Jungwon, and I am Faun's bloom ascendant."

"Wait what?!"