[𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭]

Chapter 48: the dark lands

"You've got to be kidding me"

Jay's dead stare from up to down, hating the place that they went to. Jungwon was delighted but the rest were uncomfortable.

From all the wonderful places in all nations, it had to be Cethin.

"This is exciting~" Jungwon squealed and bounced up and down before hopping to Jay's back, "come on, it'll be an experience of a lifetime" he whispered and went down.

"Jungwon, when did you read the book again?" Donghyuck walked towards him while he still looked at the castle filled with aesthetic darkness.

"Like...2 or...3 months ago?" Jungwon tapped his chin, unsure with his answer.

"And you expect it to be back there," Taeil pointed to the castle, "in the library," he added.

"Yup, I was reading the book one night but then I was ambushed by an assassin, he took it from me, jabbed me by the jaw, and disappeared into thin air" Jungwon recalled.

"Let's just get this over with, we just came back from a war and now the bloom ascendant is going to attempt bringing two dead men back" Ten joined in, putting his twin blades behind him.

Ten, Donghyuck, Jay, Jungwon, and Sunoo flew to Cethin with the help of Taeil's moon manipulation powers. Shooting them like starlight across the sky falling to the dark nations.

Johnny and the rest of the boys decide to stay in Faun and help the others while keeping an eye on the two bodies that are set on a table like they're offerings.

As they entered the place, Ten immediately felt the presence of guards guarding the place. He pushed everyone to a darker corner and told them the guards were everywhere.

"We're not gonna survive this, hang on everyone" Donghyuck said and teleported everyone to any room of the castle.

Arriving at a bedroom, Donghyuck shook his head as a no, "wrong one" he said and snapped his fingers.

Now they're at a vacant empty room, "nope"

After the third snap they have finally reached a room filled with bookshelves and a round table in the middle, "I guess this is the place?" He turned around seeing everyone gasping for air, "are yall okay?"

"That wasn't just teleporting, hyung" Sunoo panted, "you used mom's spirit rush spell" he said while clenching his chest, "god I have to get used to you and your new power level"

"This is the library" Jungwon interrupts and steps forward, quickly looking for the book he was talking about.

"What's the name of the book?" Ten walked around the room, scanning all of the cabinets and shelves.

"Necromancy"

"What?!?" The ascendants and Sunoo all said in unison, turning their heads to Jungwon and giving him a bewildered look.

Necromancy is an aspect of magic or dark magic that includes communicating with the dead – either by summoning their spirits as hauntings, visions, or raising them bodily – for the purposes of witchcraft, applying the methods to foretell future events, discover hidden knowledge, or bringing someone back.

"Absolutely not!" Sunoo raised a finger and disagreed with the fauna.

"But guys! It's an opportunity!" Jungwon whined, Jay went to him and patted his shoulder, "we're in Cethin, and this is the only place with Dark Magic, and also...this can work for Mark and Jaehyun. They are our top priority, to be honest"

"And what will we allow you to do that? no! You don't even know if there will be side effects! Ugh, I should've just stayed back in Faun"

"I can cleanse it!"

"No! You do not know what kind of power you are dealing with!"

"But with my nature abilities—"

Taeil was zoning out.

He felt awkward just moving his eyes left to right and just listening to Jungwon and the rest argue.

Jay felt kind of left out too but he was protecting Jungwon from their harsh words.

As a result, Taeil decided to fade into the background and search the library for the book himself. He came across an intriguing book titled "The Lunar Festival," which he enjoyed because it included numerous things relating to the moon and how it was adored by many people.

Taeil studied the book in his palm as he walked around the shelves, but something caught his attention from his peripheral vision. He carefully switched his gaze to the book, which he found odd.

It was a wooden and damaged book with blood smeared all over it, a blood-stained handprint on the back cover, and a bookmark with a black tassel swinging outside.

He opened it in curiosity and it took him to a page where he believed what Jungwon needed for his spell.

"Uh guys!" Taeil called everyone.

"What?!" They all said.

Taeil blinked a couple of times before clearing his throat and showing the object in his hands, "is this the one?" He asked Jungwon.

"Yes, that's the one!" Jungwon wondered how he easily found it, "it's different now" he frowned, tracing the blood. "Let's do this" he slammed the book on the table and opened the page.

Donghyuck read the information and even saw ritualistic drawings. He shook his head and just disagreed. "Jungwon-"

"I know what I'm doing"

"No you don't, this might cause-"

"Then please help me," Jungwon said, holding hands with the Sun Ascendant. "It might work if we combine our abilities." Rather than destroying the spell and letting dark magic explode, how about we use the ascendant's power, Sunoo's other spirit, and my developing abilities...please believe me on this one."

Donghyuck initially disliked the idea, but the way Jungwon looks at him, appealing for his permission, makes him reconsider. He wants Mark back, and Taeyong will be devastated by Jaehyun's death; they both lost their true loves at the same time? Is it really worth it? Yes, for a variety of reasons. It is, however, risky.

"You better know what you are doing" Donghyuck glared at Jungwon and pushed the table aside, giving space to the big circle on the middle of the library that is enough for them to start the ritual.

"...I don't know what I'm doing,"

 Jungwon spoke to himself, nervously chuckling.