𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 [𝟏𝟗]

Marley soon came into view as you stood by the window. Head empty, not a thought roaming around in your mind.

Except her.

I'm so sorry, Yelena.

"We'll be arriving soon, no fuck ups tonight," Captain Levi stated as he exited the room. The door was closing but you were able to catch a glimpse of Yelena.

Connie hung his arm over your left shoulder, "Hey hey Y/n, we got this. After all of this you can make up with her," Sasha sneaked from behind, "Promise me you'll be concentrated."

You shook your head before turning to the room where she stood against the wall. "I promise."

Using our ODM gear, you all spread out to give Mikasa a clear path towards Eren. The thunderous roar penetrated your senses as you reached closer.

To your right, you spotted the Cart Titan. Sasha went ahead and shot all of the warriors in charge of the machinery on the Cart Titan's back. Just as it was about to attack, Jean appeared from behind.

You went on ahead and put your sniping skills to the test. Shot five people through the head before turning into a new street. The aircraft hovered over your for a few seconds before hiding away.

A good ten minutes have passed since your arrival, this city was in complete shambles. Blood decorated nearly everything in sight.

"Gabi you need to esca-" a bullet straight down the middle.

His comrade began to turn towards you but his head quickly recoiled as your bullet made contact with his brain matter. You reloaded as you stared down at the little girl.

Her eyes never cut the contact between you.

Younger Eren...

✧༺❃༻✧

Armin extended his arm out as you got back onto the aircraft. Eren and Zeke on board with their heads held down low.

Armin made you walk into the room where everyone waited for Eren's answer. Yelena stood still, it looks like she didn't move from where she was standing before the whole Eldian Invasion.

"Come on Y/n, Eren says he wants us there," Armin pleaded.

Captain Levi walked out and directed his attention towards Eren. After a few exchanges of words, he made his boot meet Eren's stomach just like old days.

Armin tried to calm down Mikasa as you stood off to the side. Memories began to resurface and you had to get fresh air before passing out.

"I'll be right back," You put a hand on Mikasa's shoulder as you exited.

"Connie!! You should've seen the way Jean defeated the Cart Titan," Sasha exclaimed.

"I think Y/n was there too," Jean chipped in as he turned their attention to you. "Tell us about it," Connie wrapped his arm around your shoulder like a drunk person.

"Sasha was going all out with her sniping skills. Killing all of the warriors within the Cart Titan's machinery. She was reloading," you gave her a small smile before gesturing your hands towards Jean.

"That's when his tall ass came through from the side of the building and slid across the floor, passing Sasha to set off the thunder spear straight at the Cart Titan," Connie was getting hyped again and he hugged you all.

"We at least survived this one."

"Stop saying depressing shit like that," Jean smacked Connie's head.

You inhaled deeply, "It's crazy how time goes by in a flash."

"Yes, just a few months ago we were stress free."

Connie and Jean then began to chant lyrics of a traditional song from Paradis. Everyone else chanted along as they laughed.

"I just heard something."

"Yea-", you turned to Sasha but out of the corner of your eye, you saw a small figure roll into the aircraft. "Sasha!" you pushed Sasha out of the way with all your strength.

She fell down but was caught by Kazimir at the last second. You wanted to walk towards her but you had lost the ability to move. Why won't my body cooperate?

You stood still with a fuzzy gaze on Sasha and Kazimir. Their eyes focused on something, you looked down at your left side.

An immense growing pain and blood poured out as you brought your hand to your stomach. You winced at the growing pain as you began to slightly lean forward.

Sasha got up quickly as Connie held you in his arms. Your legs began to feel numb, your chest began to hurt the more you breathed in. A burning sensation began to burn you all throughout without the ability to express the pain you were in.

Black spots began to appear in front of you. You weren't able to hear anything. You turned to look at Sasha and then back at the room, a bunch of faces began to become unrecognizable. Sasha held your hand while tears brimmed at her waterlines.

As if on cue, I heard Jean's voice. "Yelena!" He ran into the room and soon came back out. You closed your eyes, and at the same time, your body began to feel as if it was floating.

You opened your eyes again, you were met with her by your side. "Y-y/n? Stay with me," With all the strength you had in yourself, you reached up to touch her face. "Yelena?"

"Yes it's me, please don't talk," her voice began to crack again.

I've caused you so much pain.

She moved a few strands of hair from your face as you caressed her face, "Even now, you look so beautiful under the moonlight", she mumbled in hopes to see you smile.

And she achieved just that, you smiled at her comment as you began to lose control of your limbs. Your chest began to be engulfed with a stronger burning sensation, causing you to gasp in pain.

"Yelena... I feel like I'm floating," she tried so hard to talk but no words came out.

She gasped as she put her face closer to yours. "P-please don- don't say that."

Death was never something you were afraid of. You always knew it's natural to die so you thought your death would be easy.

But it wasn't.

Not when you're leaving someone like Yelena behind.

I don't want to die.

"Yelena... please don't worry. I'm here," tears streamed down your face as you tried your best to comfort her.

Your body began to feel heavier and heavier, "Don't cry," you squeezed Yelena's hand before completely letting yourself go.

Blow out the candle

♛ ♛ ♛