𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 [𝟏𝟖]

*Original POV*

Now You found yourselves in the streets of Marley. Surrounded by the people who want all of you dead and forgotten about.

"Stay close and don't act suspicious," Captain Levi stated as you all walked further into the crowd.

Half of you ended up in the middle of a street with a bunch of machines that you've never seen before. Connie, Sasha, and Commander Hange were waving at an automobile.

Loud and proud because everyone began turning to look at you. "This is bad, they're looking at them," Armin stated with a worried look.

"Yeah... they're definitely thinking they're some kind of bumpkins right now. Let's pretend we don't know them..." Jean pulled his hat lower to keep his face hidden.

Captain Levi sighed in disappointment, "If you don't stop them they'll try to make that lump of iron eat a carrot."

Onyankopon and Yelena both chuckled, before turning to Connie, Sasha, and Commander Hange. "They're buying a carrot."

This was the first time that you were surrounded by so many people. Lately you have been isolated from everyone so that made it worse to be out and about.

Yelena snaked her arm around your waist and pulled you closer before planting a kiss on your forehead. "I love you."

You smiled up at her before turning to Eren and Mikasa. "Hey, Eren. We don't know what's in here, so stay close to me," you heard Mikasa say.

Yelena and you strolled off to the side to buy these flavorful desserts. They came in a variety of different colors.

"Here, have a taste," Yelena held the dessert towards you. "Mmm, it's good.... and cold."

You looked up at her but she didn't say anything for a few seconds. She smiled at you before handing you the dessert.

You were peacefully eating your ice cream when a commotion erupted. This man began talking badly about a little boy who stood by Captain Levi. In a quick swoop, Captain Levi picked up the little boy and you all took off running.

✧༺❃༻✧

It's been about three days since the day that Captain Levi ran with the boy in his arms. Today you would be going to a speech? Theater? Not sure.

The whole group sat close to one another in two rows towards the back. Yelena, Onyankopon, Captain Levi, and you sat in the row behind the rest.

The man was talking nonsense about how Eldians are all devils and what not. He was talking so loud and confident that even you began to believe him.

To be honest, the way he spoke about the people who have been imprisoned for over a century made you want to burst out in laughter. You held onto Yelena's hand while covering your mouth with the other hand. She gave your hand a squeeze before shaking her head in disapproval.

You quickly snapped out of it when you noticed as Eren abruptly got up from his seat. Mikasa turned around to look at him but didn't say anything. It's like the words were stuck in her throat. She wasn't verbally calling for him but her heart was.

Mikasa turned to you as soon as he stepped out of the theater place, a pleading look in her eyes.

✧༺❃༻✧

It has now been four months since you all last saw Eren at the theater. You had to come back soon after but even then, it's as if he didn't want to come back.

Regardless of the fact, the war situation has only worsened and Mikasa is at the brink of another meltdown. She is trying so hard to keep silent about the dream she had four months ago.

One where she saw the results of the brewing war. The way she explained it to you was so detailed and heart wrenching. She had to take a day off from training.

There was a knock on the door as Sasha and you comforted Mikasa. "We've got news. Eren sent a letter."

Commander Hange read the letter to us in their office. Everyone was too nervous to sit or stand still. They folded the letter before looking up at everyone in the room.

"That's all!?" Mikasa asked

"Yes, that is all," They sighed before running their fingers through their hair. "Very immature but that's beside the point."

"I'm sure you all know what this means," they folded their arms.

"He plans to declare war on Marley in three weeks," Jean finished in pure disbelief.

✧༺❃༻✧

"Stop pushing me away," Yelena persuaded you

"I'm not pushing you away, Yelena. I'm just-"

"Just what?! Ever since war began to brew you began to push me away", Yelena raised her voice at you. Pure anger and frustration poured out through every pore in her body. "You never fucking talk to me, you leave me in the dark."

You swallowed the lump that had formed in your throat long ago, you couldn't find the words so you shamefully fell silent. Yelena stood a few steps away from you waiting for a response.

"We were a mistake," It took every molecule in your body to prevent you from breaking down. From running towards her, in hopes that she would embrace you to wash away every single worry.

"W-what?" Her voice cracked.

"You heard me, Yelena," you looked up at her and saw pure distress in her body language. "We have to let g-"

"Be quiet."

She looked up at the sky before continuing, "You're fucking delusional if you think I'm going to let you go."

"I can die in three weeks you know."

She tried walking closer to you but you backed away. You didn't push her away in time and now you're struggling to keep yourself together.

"Do you actually mean it?" you felt her warm fingers direct your face towards her.

"Look at me in the eyes and repeat what you said."

♛ ♛ ♛