𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 [𝟏𝟏]

Warning: Mentions of Cancer

It was finally a new week and Yelena was able to leave the hospital room. She felt extremely relieved to leave the hospital. You didn't want to ask her why but you'll be there to listen to her when she's ready.

"It feels so good to be out now," she stated as she took a big inhale of fresh air. It seemed like a big weight was lifted off of her shoulders.

"I can see that, you look more alive now."

You eventually reached her room, it was quite neat, she had a few books scattered on her desk but nothing too bad.

"Now you settle down on your bed while I fix your clothes, come on," you motioned her to lay down.

"How about you come cuddle with me?"

"Lo siento cariño, right after I finish organizing your clothes," I'm sorry, sweetheart...

After a few minutes, you quickly finished organizing her clothes. The only thing left was to put her duffle bag away. She had it on top of her closet so you had to get a chair to reach the spot.

You then got off and put her chair back in place, you walked over to her bed and saw that she was sleeping.

You settled on sitting on the chair so you turned around and reached for the chair, but you got pulled with strong force.

"Not so fast. I was just resting my eyes," she pulled you closer to her by the waist before resting her head on your chest.

"Yelena, please be careful. Don't act brand new."

"I won't," you sensed her smile.

You looked up at the ceiling and moved your right hand up to her golden hair. The both of you stayed silent before she began to talk some more. She seemed nervous but you rubbed her back to encourage her. "I'm listening."

She inhaled sharply and lifted her head off of your chest to look at you. You placed a kiss on your fingers and lightly touched her lips.

She began to turn red but quickly turned back and placed her head on your chest once again. Making sure to wrap her arms around your waist tighter.

"You were probably wondering why I felt so relieved to finally leave the hospital," she stopped and inhaled slowly. Like when you try to ease pain in public without making yourself the center of attention.

"Take your time, I'm here."

"Hospitals remind me of the last few months that my mother was alive. Ever since she got admitted into that hospital, I had to go visit her everyday. I didn't mind of course but the whole place was just so gloomy and it reeked of death."

"I'm sorry you felt that way."

"Thank you but you did enough so I didn't really feel gloomy. It was all because you spent your days with me. You did enough and even more," she placed her hand on your left thigh and gently squeezed it.

Not again

"I'm glad to hear that I was able to help. Just know that I'm always here for you."

*Yelena's POV (Flashback)*

I was making my way to the notorious hospital once again. Alone like always. No "father" to be found within a ten mile radius.

Before reaching the hospital, I walked to the flower shop around the corner. It was the most colorful place in town, at least from what I've seen. The flower shop always smelled fresh and somehow, colorful. I remember my mother would always bring me here on the weekends.