𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥 [𝟏𝟓]

*

You took a glance at the mirror to adjust your hair one last time before opening the door. You picked up the dress off the floor and walked to the main room.

Sasha looked like a proud older sister and Hitch was cheering from the sides like a fangirl. "You look AMAZING."

Mikasa saw that you were nervous and walked closer to you, "You look beautiful."

"Thank you, but have you seen yourself?! You look gorgeous," She chuckled in response. "Thank you."

You made your way downstairs and you took a peak over the balcony. Connie was fixing his tie in the mirror but was clearly having trouble. Jean was doing the same but he was trying to face away from everyone.

"Turn around," Captain Levi said from behind both of them

"Aww thanks Captain," Connie said with a smile

"Do you expect me to magically grow an extra foot? Bend down," Captain Levi pulled Connie down.

The girls and you began to walk down the stairs before seeing Commander Hange come out from the other hallway. "You girls look wonderful!" They exclaimed excitedly, causing everyone to look up at you.

"Woahhh."

"Mikasa looks beautiful," Eren whispered.

Armin heard and made it his mission to expose him, "I agree Eren. Mikasa sure does look beautiful," causing Eren to smack him lightly.

That's when you heard a familiar voice from below the balcony. "Your mother would be so proud," Yelena teased Onyankopon as they stepped out into the foyer.

"You're saying that as if she's dead..." Onyankopon shook his head and chuckled at her comment.

You watched from afar how Sasha complimented Niccolo since he was far too shy to speak up first.

A strong gaze pierced through your chest, making you turn your attention to Yelena. She had all her attention on you, only you. Her mouth was held slightly open, as if she's witnessing the most beautiful sunset, piece of art, piano song, or the new world. She tried to play it off by turning away.

You made your way down the stairs extra carefully, the last thing you needed was to fall all the way down in the big dress.

She kept her attention on you as she waited at the bottom of the stairs. You felt as your heartbeat began to quicken. The way her eyes gave you all the attention in the world made you feel even more special.

"You look absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Pure elegance, my love," she held out her hand like she did once at the port. This time around, things were beginning to feel even more complete.

"Thank you, cariño," she took your hand and gave it a kiss.

You all made your way to the entrance of the ballroom, Queen Historia stood beside Ymir to greet you.

"Welcome Survey Corps, let's have a wonderful evening together," and with that the Ballroom's heavy wooden doors opened.

Everyone dispersed into their own little groups. Sasha dragged Niccolo to the tables that were filled with freshly baked pastries. Connie was admiring the art with Armin in the far corner.

Jean was catching up with Hitch by one of the tall windows. It's crazy to think that she nearly killed him with a swing to the back of the head with a thick branch.