16: Yeeun

I take unusually long to answer a fairly simple question. "What do you think about one more practice date? To keep the flow going before the next race, you know?"

It's not like it is necessary. The next race is only pushed forward by a week, since Taehyung demanded going back to racing as fast as possible. I don't think we would lose 'the flow' in fourteen days, considering we jumped into it without preparation and did well.

I don't want to say 'yes', because it feels too good. Making up with him means the world to me. Having my best friend back is all I have wanted all this time. But I am also starting to feel like it's not enough...

Maybe that's why I agree for a practice date, despite the potential damage.

It's easier to agree now, when we are not at each other's throats all the time. Besides, it's just a practice date, a part of our act, and that's what I tell myself when I leave the apartment to meet Jungkook.

"I thought we could try classics today," he says, when I sit in his car. I jolt a little, initial shock, when I see him. He's got black ripped jeans on, black sleeveless top, a bit too tight around his chest, and a silky black unbuttoned shirt. Not the same as the hoodies and jackets he always wears.

We are unintentionally matching tonight. My outfit – a tennis skirt, tights, platform shoes, long-sleeved turtleneck and a thin, oversized jacket – are all in black, too. I don't miss the double-take he does on my legs either, and I ignore the swirl in my stomach that makes me press my knees together.

"What classics?" I ask, as he starts the car. He is talking about the cinema, and dinner, and something else that I don't catch, because my eyes hook on his undercut, the fading blue hair, and the metal ring hugging the side of his lower lip. My best friend is hot. Always has been. I mean, once we escaped the middle school puberty phase.

Not love interest hot. Best friends hot. Slay, best friend hot. Nothing more than that.

"Good idea?" he asks, looking at me, and I snap out of the dangerous thoughts, nodding. I need to stop thinking about Jungkook like I would about a guy I would actually be on a date with.

"Great idea. But is there something good in the cinema?" I ask, throwing my bag to the backseat, and open the sun visor with a small mirror to put my dangling earrings on. I was running late so I grabbed them with me.

"I don't even know." He chuckles, setting the heating to a comfortable warmth. "You have to watch something shitty sometimes, to appreciate the good movies more."

"You say it because you made me watch three parts of "After", claiming it will get better, and it didn't, and now you feel dumb."

"Best friends card revoked." He huffs, leaving the parking lot. I've seen him drive, like, a billion times, but he looks extra good doing it tonight and- oh my God, quit it. "How can you act against me, huh?"

"I've just got the card back three days ago. You are not revoking it."

"Who knew going on a date with you will be a pain in the ass?"

"If this is how you would treat your girlfriend, I already feel bad for her."

It's stupid how I hate the idea of his girlfriend. I feel like I would tear my hair out if I saw him with someone else. Or tear her hair out. I never liked thinking about it.

Jungkook laughs. "I missed it."

"Of course. I'm the highlight of your life." I smile. I keep glancing at him. I can't stop myself.

I have expected this 'date' to look like an actual date from the moment he asked what I think about it. I knew we would be acting like a couple, to 'stay in the flow'. I also know I can just stop it if it makes me uncomfortable. The problem is, I don't stop anything from happening.