Black out days

I walked through the halls of the outpost, looking for Mina. But, she was nowhere to be found. I just kept walking.

As I neared her office, I heard screaming. I ran as fast as I could and attempted to open the door... it was locked? "Ms Venable?" I yelled. Suddenly, the screaming stopped. After about a minute, the door clicked and I was met with a very red Wilhemina. "Y/N" she breathed. "What's going on?" I asked her. "Nothing" she stated bluntly. 

"It didn't sound like nothing... don't lie to me" I spat. "Keep your voice down!" she said through gritted teeth, grabbing my wrist. I looked up at her in fear. "Who is in there?" I questioned, scared. "Nobody" she stated.

I yanked my arm out of her hand and pushed her out of the way. To my surprise, I saw Emily and Timothy. They looked at me with pleading eyes, both petrified and in pain. "What have you done!" I yelled. "You have to understand!" Mina yelled back. "NO! I don't have to understand, what gives you the right to hurt people?" I screamed at her. "You cannot talk to me like that Y/N" she growled.

"I'll speak to you however I like Mina" I slipped, Emily and Timothy both exchanged confused looks. "You foolish girl" Wilhemina slapped me hard across the face. I held my cheek, eyes filling up. "Y/N, I'm so sorry" she whispered, trying to console me and apologise. "DON'T! DO NOT TOUCH ME" I yelled at her, walking away. 

"You two, STAY HERE" she yelled at the pair in her office who were completely dumbfounded. Ms Venable NEVER apologised for her actions. 

"Y/N!" she called after me. I began to run, I didn't want to be anywhere near her right now. She chased me to my bedroom but before I could slam the door, she stuck out her cane to force me into talking. 

"Ms Venable, LEAVE!" I yelled. "Y/N please, I'm sorry!" she attempted to apologise again. "I don't want to hear it!" 

"What the hell has happened to you?" I spat. "They broke a rule, they had to be punished" she tried to explain herself. "Oh, I get it" I replied. "You do?" she asked, shocked. "OF COURSE NOT! They get punished for breaking a rule yet, we break multiple rules every single day!" I scolded her. "That's different" she sighed. "Different how? If rules are to be broken then you must be punished. Yet you have never laid a single finger on me... until now" I scoffed

"You called me Mina in front of those two. How did you expect me to react?" she said angrily. "Not like that!" I yelled. "This is all just a misunderstanding" she laughed sarcastically. "I don't think it is... have you no sympathy? They were terrified" I told her. "Look, I stand by the fact that rules must be obeyed" she said, folding her arms. "Clearly not" I rolled my eyes, gesturing to the pair of us. 

"Ms Venable, is everything alright? I heard you two yelling" Ms Mead suddenly appeared. "Not now Ms Mead" Mina dismissed her. "Are you sure? I can-" she started. "Yes, now LEAVE!" Ms Venable raised her voice at her minion. I watched as Mead scuttled away. "Y/N, I would never lay a hand on you... I love you!" she whispered. "Obviously" I laughed, pointing to my red cheek. "I didn't mean to hurt you, it was in the heat of the moment" she tried to explain herself. "You know what... I don't believe you"

"Fine! Then don't believe me. Just don't come crying to me when you're in your hour of need" She turned her back on me. "You're so mature Wilhemina" I laughed. "What did you just say?" she said sharply. "I said, you're very mature" I repeated my words. "Oh, and you aren't?" she scoffed. 

"You know, I have no idea what's gotten into you. You used to be so kind and loving yet here you are, torturing Emily and Timothy for breaking one stupid rule. You promised you would never lay a single finger on me... yet you just slapped me and for what? SAYING YOUR DAMN NAME" I screamed. "I told you we couldn't tell anybody about us because it would ruin EVERYTHING. And then you go and call me Mina in front of those two. I believe you're in the wrong here Y/N" she laughed. "Don't try and turn this around on me" I spat. 

"I believe we are done here" she smiled, walking away once again.

"I don't recognise you anymore" I whispered to myself.