Girl of my dreams

I woke up earlier than usual, Sarah was still sound asleep next to me

I woke up earlier than usual, Sarah was still sound asleep next to me. I just lay there, admiring how her hair fell perfectly around the contour of her cheeks. Her beautiful lips slightly parted as she breathed.

The sun that was peeping through the cracks in the curtains illuminated her face perfectly.

I ran my fingers over her cheekbone gently, my skin gliding smoothly over her face. I was careful not to wake up the woman I am lucky enough to call mine.

I began to wonder if I am the right person for her. She is so perfect, worth more than anything in this world. My life has never been the same since we met.

I remembered all the times she made me laugh so hard that my stomach hurt. When she would come home unexpectedly with food for us to share. The times we would snuggle up on the couch and watch a film. All these times, she put me first. I wondered if she is tired of me, do I put her first enough?

I hate when she's away, it feels like a part of me is missing. She works so hard and has achieved so much. I am like a small fish in her ocean of possibilities. Why is she with me?

"What are you thinking about love?" she asked, her raspy morning voice sending a shiver down my spine.

"Just reminiscing" I replied, with a small smile. She moved closer to me and snuggled into my side to get warm. I held her close, making her feel safe. But my mind still wouldn't rest.

Thoughts that I just couldn't shake away kept flooding in... making everything feel strange. Almost like a dream.

"Y/N? You feel tense, talk to me" she said softly, now looking up at me.

"I can't keep my eyes off of you... your love's got me high, baby girl. I'm addicted and I'm never coming down" I whispered as a tear slipped out of my eye and rolled down my temple.

Without saying a word, Sarah wiped away my tear. "Why are you crying?" she asked, making a pouting face.

"All the times we lied awake. When you said you'd leave, but you stayed... and I can't promise you I'm better than the next few" I said, biting my bottom lip to fight back the tears.

"Hey... hey! Look at me, Y/N look at me... please" she pleaded, grabbing my face so that I had to face her. "You can do this" she whispered.

"I know you're having bad thoughts again but I promise you, whatever they're telling you... they are not true. Believe me" she whispered, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"There's no one else that I would rather be with than you. Your voice is my favourite sound, your name is my favourite word and your hug is my favourite place to be. Don't tell yourself that you are not good enough for me Y/N Y/L/N" she said, also fighting back the tears.

"But Sarah I-"

"No, I don't want to hear it" she interrupted. "Having you in my life means I'll always have someone I can rely on. Even when you're not with me, I know you're just a phone call away. I feel so lucky to be with you"

"You know exactly what I need, even if I don't say it" I chuckled through my tears.

"You're cute... can I keep you forever?" Sarah asked, smirking. I buried my head into her chest laughing. "Yes, Ms Paulson, you may"

"Your love's got me high, baby girl. I'm addicted and I'm never coming down" I smiled at her.