you & I

"I'm not going. I look so ugly. Sarah, I'm sorry but can we do this another day?" I asked, fighting back the tears as I looked at my fifth outfit change. She took my face in her hands and sighed.

"You fix your make-up, just so. Guess you don't know, that you're beautiful. Try on every dress that you own. You were fine in my eyes a half hour ago and if your mirror won't make it any clearer, I'll be the one to let you know" she sang to me as she wiped away my tears.

"Out of all the girls, you're my one and only girl. Ain't nobody in the world tonight. All of the stars, you make them shine like they were ours. Ain't nobody in the world but you and I. You and I, ain't nobody in the world but you" 

I sniffled a bit and tried to smile at her, "You stop the room when we walk in. The spotlight's on, everybody's staring" I told her. In my eyes, she is beautiful. I don't deserve her. How does she love someone like me?

"And this evening I won't let the feeling die. I never wanna leave your side Y/N! Out of all the girls. You're my one and only girl" she said again. "Sarah I know you keep saying this and I love you so much. You don't need to make me feel better... I know that what you're saying may be true for now but... what if you find someone else... someone better... someone older... someone more beautiful" I sighed. 

She cupped my face once more and kissed me softly.  "You keep wondering if you're what I'm wanting, you don't even have to try. Oh, you don't have to try. Don't try, don't try. Y/N there is nobody else for me. You're the one I want and that's never going to change"

I smiled, hoping that what she said is definitely true. "Come on beautiful girl, you look perfect. Let's go" she dried my tears before taking my hand and leading me out of the door.