Skinny love

I ran through the rain, as fast as I could to Sarah's house

I ran through the rain, as fast as I could to Sarah's house. My hair was drenched and my clothes were soaked to the skin. I stopped when I reached her door.

I hesitated before knocking, she told me she never wanted to see me again but I just couldn't leave it the way things were.

I finally brought my hand up and I knocked. I stood on the porch patiently, letting the rain fall on my freezing body.

Finally, she opened the door but the moment she opened it, she went to shut it again. "Sarah wait!" I yelled.

She slowly opened it again, "why Y/N... why are you here" she sighed.

"I came by to say that... I'm sorry" I whispered.

"I don't believe you" she whispered back, her voice was beginning to break.

"I know you have every reason not to Sarah but please... I need you in my life. What I did was so stupid and I hate myself for it... I just want you to know that I truly am sorry" I sobbed.

"If you're sorry then why did you do it Y/N... why?" she said, a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"I- I didn't realise what I had until I lost it..." I sighed, holding my body to keep warm.

She scoffed, "yeah right! I thought I had truly found the one... turns out I am just a fool" she chuckled through her tears.

"I know you must hate me but-"

"Damn right Y/N! I saw you kissing another girl... that girl just happened to be my best friend... how could you do that to me" she cried, my heart broke. I had really fucked it up this time.

"I don't know what to say, Sarah. It was a spare of the moment kinda thing I- the kiss it, it meant nothing"

"That doesn't change the fact that you did it!" she yelled.

"I know" I whispered, biting my bottom lip to fight back the tears. "I'm sorry Sarah"

She said nothing, she just stared deep into my eyes. I could see the pain that I had caused and I felt horrible.

"I just don't know what to do anymore Y/N. I never thought you would cheat on me..." she cried.

"Is there any way I can make it up to you?" I sobbed.

"I- I don't know" she choked.

"Sarah I don't know how else I can say sorry to you"

"Y/N, my sweet Y/N. I will always love you... I just don't think I can do this right now" she sighed, shutting the door. I was left on her porch... alone.

I slowly sank to the floor, head in my hands. I once had everything I ever wanted but because of my stupid mistake... I had lost it all in the blink of an eye.