Slipping through my fingers

Sarah's POV

Sarah's POV

"You ready Y/N?" I asked just as we were about to get out of the car. "I think so" she sighed nervously.

"Hey, look at me" I whispered, taking her face in my hands. "You are amazing Y/N and I am so proud of you. I want you to go out there and stand strong on that red carpet. You deserve every inch of fame sweetheart" I said, almost making her cry.

"Thank you Sarah" she gave me a soft smile. I gave her hands a soft squeeze and we both got out of the car. She took my hand in hers and we walked together to the red carpet. Her silver dress trailed behind her.

There were flashes of lights aimed our way as we stood together, hand in hand.

"Go sweetheart" I whispered, she did as I said and stood with the other cast members. I stood watching her in awe. The way that the lights illuminated her button nose and rosy cheeks.

"The feeling that I'm losing her forever, and without really entering her world" I sighed, knowing that she was progressing so fast and I couldn't protect her forever. "I'm glad whenever I could share her laughter, that funny little girl"

"Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute. The feeling in it, slipping through my fingers all the time. Do I really see what's in her mind, each time I think I'm close to knowing? She keeps on growing. Slipping through my fingers all the time" I said softly to myself as I watched her on that red carpet.

I imagined myself, the first time I ever stood on the red carpet. Scared and worried about what the public would think of me. I know that Y/N has nothing to worry about, she is amazing and I am so proud of her.

"I let precious time go by" I smiled as she waved at me. I waved back slowly, feeling like a mother finally letting her child into the world.

Soon enough, she came over to me. "Hey, Sarah are you alright?" she asked, I realised that I had been crying. I wiped away my tears, "there's that odd melancholy feeling, and a sense of guilt I can't deny" I whispered.

"Guilt? Sarah, what are you talking about?" she chuckled. "I don't know" I sniffled, "I guess it's just because I am so proud of you. You've come so far and you're growing up so fast. There's nothing that I can do to stop you" I sighed.

"I am here, because of you! You've given me hope, made me realise that I am worth so much more than I believe!" she spoke softly, wiping away my tears. "I know" I sighed.

"You're slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute" I bit my bottom lip through a weary smile.

She grabbed my hands and rubbed her thumb over my knuckle. "Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture. And save it from the funny tricks of time. Slipping through my fingers" she whispered, taking me in her arms.

"Please don't cry for me, Sarah. I love you so much" she whispered into the crook of my neck. "I love you so much more Y/N"