Chapter 1:

Chase and Ryan were best friends and occasional room mates when Chase was in Charlotte.   Like he was right now.   The season was winding down and they were racing at the ROVAL so Chase was staying with Ryan.   They were sitting in the game room watching the amazing race on TV.   That was when a commercial came  on that they were taking auditions for the up coming season. 

"Damn I really want to do that show.   I will have to ask Bubba if he wants to do it with me." Ryan says.

"Why the hell would you ask Bubba Ry?   I will do it with you." Chase says.

"Really?   I always ask you on vacations but you usually turn me down." Ryan says.

"Now wait a minute, I went to Ireland with you, Amsterdam and Russia or did you forget?" Chase asks.

"I  didn't forget Chase.   But I have invited you other places lately and you have turned me down."  Ryan says.

"I know, I just don't like going places with a lot of  people." Chase says.

"I get it.   But you will really do this with me?" Ryan asks a little to excitedly.

"Yes Ryan I will.   It will be fun.   We can travel the world and win money." Chase replies.

"Yes it will be so much fun." Ryan says.

"I guess we should record the tape to send.   The quicker we do it the sooner we can find out if we get accepted." Chase says.

"Yes cus they start filming around the time the season ends.   It should be finished before the season starts back up again." Ryan say.

"Good." Chase says.

Ryan grabs his cell phone.    Him and Chase stand up close together.   Ryan hits record.

"Hi My name is Ryan Blaney and I am Chase Elliott.   We are big huge fans of the show.   Never miss an episode.   Well we want to audition to be on the the upcoming season of the Amazing Race.   

We both race full time in the Nascar Cup Series and we have been best friends for years and this would be fun to experience together. " Chase and Ryan both say into the camera.  

Ryan then submits it/

"Well there goes nothing." Ryan says.

"Can't say we didn't try." Chase says.

"True fact." Ryan replies.

They finished watching the show and ordered pizza for dinner.    After they ate they played a few games before turning in.

**************************************

Thursday- Sunday was spent at  the track doing various things to get ready for the race along with media and appearances for their sponsors.     Ryan and Chase both had decent practice times on Friday.    Saturday they qualified.    Chase qualified second and Ryan qualified fourth.   

Chase dominated the race on Sunday and ended up winning and Ryan finished second so they would both advance to the final 8 for the championship.    That was pretty exciting.    But by the time Chase got finished everything he had to do after the race he was to tired to fly.

"You can crash at my place, you know that bud." Ryan says.

"Thanks, I am just to tired to fly." Chase replies.

"I get it.   It's fine.   Besides our dogs will get a few more play dates from it so they will be happy." Ryan says.

"Yes I agree." Chase says chuckling. 

They both headed home to Ryan's house.    They stopped and got McDonalds on the ride home.   It wasn't the ideal meal for them but neither felt like cooking so it worked.    They arrived back at Ryan's house.   They were greeted at the door by Fletcher and Sturgill.   They scratched their ears and then headed outside to let them run and play.     They tossed a few balls with them.   Finally after they did their business they headed back inside.   They threw some food into their bowls and filled their water.    They headed into the game room.

"You going to turn in?" Ryan asks.

"Not yet why?" Chase asks.

"I was going to turn on the Canes game.   They are playing the Penguins and it is going to be a good one." Ryan replies.

"Okay that sounds good.   I know nothing about hockey so you will have to be nice." Chase says.

"I know you don't.   One time we will have to go to a game.   It is better to explain the game in person then watching on the TV." Ryan says.

"Yeah I get that." Chase says laughing. 

"I will teach you though and it will be fun." Ryan replies.

Chase nods his head.   The game comes on.    Chase sat there watching the game with Ryan even though he had no clue what was going on much of the time.     The only thing he knew was when either team scored because the light flashed and horns blared.      Ryan went and got a beer and brought Chase one.

"Thanks." Chase say.

"I am going to need it to get through overtime." Ryan says.

"I figured." Chase says chuckling.

The Canes ended up loosing in Overtime.

"Damn that Sidney Crosby.   He is too fucking good." Ryan groans. 

He  turns off the TV.

"Sorry they lost bud." Chase says.

"It is what it is.   Can't win them all." Ryan says shrugging his shoulders.

They both decided they had, had a long day so they both turned in.    

*******************************************

The next morning Chase woke up and headed downstairs.   He would have breakfast with Ryan and workout and then him and Fletcher would head back to Dawsonville.  

Chase heads into the kitchen finding Ryan eating cereal.   Chase sat down and poured himself a bowl.     That was when Ryan's phone went off.     Ryan looked at the screen.

"Wow I think it might be them calling back about the Amazing race." Ryan says.

"Well answer it, on speaker." Chase says.

"Hello." Ryan answers on speaker.

"Hi Mr. Blaney this James the producer for the Amazing Race.   We got your video application and wanted to call and let you know that you and Chase were both approved to race on the show."  He says.

"Awesome man.  Chase is with me right now." Ryan replies.

"Good.   The race will start in London England and we will began filming November 11th.   It will be a month long process."" James says.

"Sounds good." Ryan says.

"Yes it sounds awesome.   Can't wait." Chase replies.

James explained to them a little bit more before hanging up.

"Lets pack our bags.   Looks like we are going on the Amazing Race." Ryan says.

"So awesome.   We need to start making lists of what we need to take with us.   I can't wait to do this with you bud.   It will be awesome." Chase says.

"I agree.   Thank you for agreeing to do it.   I think it will be more fun with you then with Bubba." Ryan says.

Chase laughs.    They finish their breakfast and then take the dogs out for a run.   Finally Chase packed up and headed home.   He was so excited to actually be doing the Amazing Race.