Mom's diary

JAZELLE POV

During the weekend, when I was cleaning my things, I found my mom's diary which I kept in my luggage.

''Speaking of which, I totally forgot about mom's diary. I found it in her drawers after her death. So I kept it myself although I can't read.

''Jonas'', I called Jonas who was in the hall; typing on his laptop. ''What is this? I found it in the storeroom?'', I showed him a box. He looked up while drinking his tea and spit out; looking shocked.

''H...how you get that?'', he was flushed. I sat next to him.

''I just told you I found this in the storeroom'', I raised my brow. ''What is this? Should I open it?'', before I did something, he quickly grabbed it and hid it behind him.

''Leave it to me'', he said without looking at me. ''Riley, bastard...'', he cursed under his breath.

I chuckle inwardly seeing his reaction. It's a condom. I can guess it from the pictures on the box but I pretend to not know it. He's so cute right now.

''What?'', he raised his brow

''Nothing. Maybe I should ask Riley myself'', I shrug.

''Don't you dare Jaze'', he frowned. ''This is... just nothing'', he muttered.

''Whatever'', I grinned. ''Ok, I need your help...'', saying that I showed my mom's diary to him. ''Can you read this for me?'', I requested.

He grabbed the book and flipped it. ''What is this?'', he asked.

''My mom's diary'', I replied. He looked up at me. ''I wonder what she wrote here'', I smiled. ''Unlike me, she's a very kind and soft-spoken person'', I told him. ''Do you mind reading this book for me? It's ok if you are busy. We can do it next time''

''No, I'm glad that you trusted me to read your mother's diary. Let's do it'', he smiles.

Dear Diary, love is difficult. I truly understand that. Richard never loved me. Our marriage is based on arranged marriage. I believe he was forced into this marriage. He never abuses or harasses me, he's just being himself. I can't reach out to the wall he built in his heart. But maybe one day, the wall will break.

''My parents' marriage was arranged since both sides wanted to merge the company'', I informed Jonas as soon as he read the first page.

''You know it?'', he asks me.

''Of course, I know. My father rarely goes back home. He comes back home once a while and leaves shortly'', I shrug. ''Continue''

Dear Diary, today is my parents' anniversary. Surprisingly, Richard accompanied me to their house. Today I was able to hold his hand and he didn't push me away. But he looks sad. Sad about something. All I could do was hug him from behind when he was sleeping.

Few other pages, mom talked about the small things she noticed about Dad.

''Seems like your mother loved your father'', Jonas stated.

''Although he doesn't love her back'', I rolled my eyes. ''I would never do the same mistake as her''

He sighs as he continues to read.

Dear Diary, Richard doesn't come back for almost two weeks. Since I'm worried for him, I went to his company and found out that he was sleeping in his company. He looked exhausted and tired. He had a high fever. I brought him back to the house and treated him. Still, he looked sad. Sad about something.