My Life Story

Being rich means, you have to be ready for everything. People will always find a way to put you down; people try to be nice in front of you while stabbing your back behind you. Trust me, I've known better.

I've always been a rebellious kid since young. I'm the richest girl in my school. My father, Richard Owen, is the owner of Owen & Snyder Co Enterprise Inc. And my name is.... Jazelle Owen. Unfortunately, I'm a failure for my father. Unlike my strikingly handsome father, I followed my mother in appearance. Her chocolate brown skin tone, her not-so-popular features... Yes, I inherited her appearance. At least compared to me, she's much prettier in person, and her parents love her-Alana Snyder, my mother who left me when I needed her the most.

Speaking of which, she died due to cancer when I was ten years old. The only person who loved me was gone in the blink of my eyes. Mom was a kind-hearted woman; she cared for the household, was friendly to the maids, spent time with me, played with me.... But she wasn't loved by my father.

Their marriage was purely arranged marriage, more to business marriage. The companies were merged upon their marriage. I knew she wasn't happy with my father, but she lived for me. She could have chosen to leave me and find true love for herself. However, she didn't do so. For me....

After the death of my mother, everything changed in my life. To survive on my own, I've decided to fight and be rebellious. Dylan Owen, who is three years older than me, is not my biological brother. He's my father's elder brother's son. Dylan's parents died in a car accident when he was five years old while I was two years old. Although I hate to admit this, I've treated him as my brother. We both never get along well, but we love each other.

After one year of my mom's death, dad brought another girl into our house. The person I hate most in my life, Sara McElroy. She's prettier, kinder, intelligent, and most importantly, dad loves her. My father is a cold person. I have never seen him smile or speak to me. But things were different for Sara, he was nice to her, and I hated her because of it.

Whenever dad is not around, I like to order her around. Be the boss. And ask her to do my school homework. Dylan would be the so-called savior for her. He purposely wants to pick fights with me. I failed most of the exams and disappointed my father, whereas Sara was a topper. He gifted her a branded laptop and iPhone.

Angrily, I stormed inside her room and broke the laptop and the iPhone, which satisfied me. I laughed seeing Sara crying while looking at the broken things. Serve her right.

Unexpectedly, Dad, back home earlier, saw my action, and that's the first time he yelled at me.

''Don't blame others if you are stupid'', he growled. ''I don't know why I get a stupid daughter'', he stated regretfully.

His words stunned me, and I ran out of the room. He didn't know how much effort I put into studying. I can't match the letters. He didn't understand my problem, but mom knew. I wish mom is still alive.

Suddenly I bumped into someone, and he held me before I fell flat on the ground. I gasped when I saw him before me.

''You Ok?'', his concerned green eyes were staring at me.

He's....so handsome

''Hey'', he called me again. I came out from my trance and quickly pushed him away, making me fall on the floor.

''Don't touch me'', I said, although my bum was burning. He laughed, seeing my expression. ''What?'' I barked with red cheeks.

He smiles. Sliding out something from his pocket, he showed it. ''Here, for you''. There's a dark chocolate bar in his hand. I looked up at him. He grabbed my hand and put the chocolate on my palm.

''Whenever you feel sad, just buy this chocolate and eat it

''Whenever you feel sad, just buy this chocolate and eat it. You will be fine'', he winked, which blushed me.

''Jonas, come over here....'', Dylan called from upstairs.

''Bye'', saying that he walks away from me.

My eyes looked at the chocolate bar in my hand. For some reason, smile forms on my lips, and I bring my hand to my pounding heart.

Jonas Vinson.... My crush.

Dylan and his best friend, my crush, Jonas, continued their higher studies at the University of Oxford as soon as they graduated from high school. I heard Jonas has a high IQ, and just like Sara, he excels in his studies. Jonas's parents are businessmen as well.

Thanks to my grandparents, I graduated from high school using their influence. As long as I pass the test, I'm okay with whatever it is. However, although I entered college using my grandparents' influence, I couldn't study well no matter how much I tried. Thus, I decided to drop out the college. On the other side, Sara was the topper in Harvard, making dad proud.

How irony....

**********************************

Okay, this is the first chapter...
There will be more and more chapters ahead...
ENJOY!!