Headache

Noise. Pain. Stress. Strain. That's what he felt.

Donut's head had been killing him every since he and the others got back to Red Base. He didn't know why, and he was hoping it was only allergies, but the only allergy he had was a peanut allergy. Donut wanted it to stop. He wanted his head to be silent.

But it wouldn't stop. The loud, distorted buzzing and warbling wouldn't end. And on top of that, it felt like his brain was being stretched and crushed at the same time. Donut wanted to end the pain, stop the noise.

But it continued on. And that blue-armored idiot wasn't helping things. He kept asking Donut the dumbest questions before running off with the flag. If the Blues' plan was to kill the Reds with stupidity and hit them when they were weak, by God was it working.

Donut had now stood up, wanting to get his canteen. It was only filled halfway, but it was enough. At least he hoped it would be. He took uneven, imbalanced steps toward where he last saw his canteen. Until...

"Hey, rookie! I can't believe you failed to stop that Blue bastard from stealing our flag! I know it's your first day on the job, but this is the kind of thing I expected from Grif, not the rookie!"

"SHUT UP!"

However, Donut's shout only made his pain worse. He clutched his head and collapsed onto the ground, yelling out in pain.

"Uh, Simmons?"

"Yes, Grif?"

"Maybe call Command to get us a medic."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Church couldn't believe it. Caboose had actually returned with the flag. The Red Team's flag. The one he and Tucker had been trying to get for so long.

"Hey, Tucker? I think the Reds are going to try negotiating to get their flag back. I just want to say: do not let them take it back, whatever they do," Church ordered.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who the fuck are you to give orders? Every since Flowers died, this team hasn't had a leader, so don't pretend to be one," Tucker protested.

Church growled. "Tucker, I swear to God. This team needs some organization, especially now when we've done something that will attract the attention of the very people we're at war with."

Tucker sighed. "Fuck that. Organization got Flowers killed!"

"No, it did not! You're making excuses now!" Church yelled.

Tucker walked off, and Church could have sworn he was muttering about girls on his way down the ramp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is the worst idea you've ever had, Simmons."

"Trust me on this one! I've talked to the Blues, like, once! They're actually terrible at fighting, so they much prefer negotiation," the maroon-armored soldier explained.

"Well that makes a ton of sense. They're terrible at fighting, so we're going to negotiate with them intead," Grif replied.

Simmons looked as though he was seeing a completely different person. "Grif, we're terrible at fighting as well!"

"Oh. Uhhhh, right."

Grif and Simmons had finally reached Blue Base, and the two main members came out once they had arrived.