As if getting kidnapped by the Queen of Marley hasn't been enough already...

"Erwin.", he said as calmy as possible with a strain in his voice. "Tell me right now why the fuck I am chained against a pillar or I swear I'll rip the answer out of your fucking throat."

"It's Marley.", Erwin answered, not looking at Levi which irritated him endlessly. "They have taken over the palace."

"Marley?"

Erwin laughed mirthlessly, eyes dull and narrowed with his head hanging low against his chest. He was tied up against a pillar as well, hands behind his back in a way that had to hurt like shit. Yet the man didn't even act as if he could feel his body at all.

"Turns out it wasn't only Marley.", Erwin rasped and closed his eyes. Regret was so thick and evident in his voice that Levi was short of getting over there and shaking his superior until he got the right answers.

But a noise to his right diverted his attention to the giant doors that the soldier had opened. A young woman came striding in, her black hair falling over her back like a waterfall made of pitch. Her steps were confident, her chin raised and she didn't even look their way.

Something like a smile tugged at the corners of full lips when she faced the king on his throne, five soldiers standing around him like guard dogs. Levi wasn't sure if they were protecting her from him or if it was the other way around, for no one could overlook the deadly anger blazing in her eyes as she came to a halt in front of the throne.

Her body was clad in a soft looking shirt that matched the color of her hair and trousers accompanied by a pair of boots that looked like they could crush a man's skull.

"How many have survived?" Her voice was cold, detached.

"Only a few, My Lady."

My Lady?

"And you brought them down to the dungeons, just like my brother asked you to?"

"Yes, My Lady."

The woman grunted in response, a sound so unusual for a beauty like her that Levi couldn't help the quiet snort that escaped his lips. Her head whipped around fast enough that he expected to hear some kind of crack.

"Is something funny, General?" She stressed the word like it was pure venom on her tongue. "I'm glad you can still laugh." She shook her head, her eyes wandering elsewhere. "I don't know why my brother thought it was a good idea to keep you alive. You have been practically useless for this mission."

"Care to tell me what the fuck you're talking about?", Levi snarled but Erwin was the one to answer the question to his surprise: "Levi, it wasn't only Marley invading the palace. It was the Second Prince as well."

Levi's breath hitched.

"You should have just done as asked."

The memories were all there. Faris coming up to him, asking strange questions about his army. Him coming closer, backing him up against the wall. The syringe.

"That little shit!", Levi cursed and clenched his fists. He then looked up at the woman. "Where is Faris? Where is that little coward?"

The woman merely smiled in response, an expression so spiteful and amused that Levi wondered just what he her fucking deal was.

"Oh dear Lord...I forgot that you were out for so long. Poor, little lamb...completely clueless." She barked a hateful laugh and went over to some of the soldiers who stepped out of her way instantly.

"You're as helpful as diarrhea.", Levi murmured. Thankfully the woman hadn't heard. Or ignored him. Whatever. Levi turned to Erwin again. "Eyebrows, better fill me in on what the hell happened here or-"