Chapter 28

Levi POV

"What are we here for, Izzy?", he asked her bewildered and made a step forwards, reaching for the doorhandle with a disgusted sigh at all the dirty hands that must have touched it before. "No one is here any-"

A joyful shout rang out and Levi listened up.

"Come on, Faris! Stop being such a killjoy!"

What the fuck? Those brats shouldn't be awake anymore.

He stepped into the kitchen, Izzy on his heels.

"Right, right! I will do it! I will do it!", a dark voice laughed and cheers rang through the kitchen. The room where they were all staying in must be behind it and if Levi remembered correctly there must be the dining room for the servants.

Foreign music echoed trough the room, filled the atmosphere and Levi heard clapping hands, moving to the beat of the drums and instruments he didn't recognize.

"Stay here.", he ordered Izzy and moved forward, moving closer to the door. The dog obediently lay down and whined softly at the prospect of her owner leaving her.

The cheers grew louder by the second and the sound of footsteps on the floor also did.

Opening the door a bit Levi hoped it wouldn't give away his position.

For he knew instantly that he wasn't supposed to witness what was happening behind it.

"Move it, Faris!", a female voice laughed and some joined her chuckling and whistling.

He peeked through the crack and watched a crowd of servants who had gathered on some kind of platform constructed with tables and chairs. Some of them were clapping, watching someone Levi couldn't yet see and others danced together, wide smiles on their faces.

"Shake those hips, boy!", another one shouted and his friends nodded with grins on their lips and drinks in their hands.

Levi watched his every step, the music becoming louder and more cheerful.

And then he saw what they all were focused on.

- - -

It was the boy.

The one that had talked back to him in the garden.

Every ounce of anger and arrogance had disappeared and been replaced by pure joy and confident movements with those wide eyes and the grin on his lips.

He moved his legs to the beat of the music, knowing exactly where to step to look as graceful as a peacock and raised his head proudly, winking at the ladies before him who blushed at the display with hands covering their mouths.

A dark-haired girl stood at the wall, watching the boy dance in the middle of the room with a stony face, not even smiling a bit. Next to her a blond guy, his hair a tad lighter than the dancing boy's, clapped his hands and whipped his head, his gaze never moving from the servant who enjoyed himself immensely in the spotlight.

"Come on, Faris! Show us what you got!", a servant girl bellowed and her friends shouted in agreement.

The servant – Faris – laughed at their teasing comments, sweat glinting on his forehead in the light of the candles lit in the room.

He raised his arms, moved them like a professional dancer would and seduced his fans with every sway of those sexy hips.

Levi shook his head as soon as the thought entered his head but continued watching them, having fun like any other person would. And still...somehow, they had a different aura on them.