Interruption

Aizawa had gotten a call in the midst of training his underling.

"You drop that plank and you're expelled. I'll be back." He mumbled before accepting the call and walking out of earshot.

Hitoshi Shinso was sweating bullets as he held his plank. He understood why Aizawa insisted upon strengthening stamina, but gosh did it hurt. His whole body was shaking from fatigue as he attempted to hold onto his core.

He hated hearing himself gasp for air. That's why he usually had headphones in when he worked out. When Izuku and he work out, both do flexibility training and reflexes. But with Aizawa...

It's whatever hard-core thing he wants to force Shinso to do.

So borderline torture for the teen.

But Shinso always felt so happy during Aizawa's sessions.

Because even though the teacher gruffs about staying after school to train "another problem child," he could see the small upward tilt of the adults lips when Shinso surprises him. Aizawa was a pessimist, he expects the worst--but he is refreshed by Shinso's ability to put his all into workouts.

So when Aizawa returned a few moments later, phone in hand, looking at his student's wobbly plank, he let himself give a lopsided grin.

This brat.

He told the kid he could release and Shinso prompty let his arms give out, not caring if he bashed his nose in when he hit the ground.

Aizawa almost snorted at the sight.

Shinso flipped his head to look in Aizawa's direction, a stray piece of broken grass sticking to his forehead. That was all the energy he was going to spend, he was wiped out.

"That was Nezu." Aizawa took the free time to explain, their workout regimine done. "We have a lead on the case that I've been assigned too. We were able to capture and contain a villain and Nezu wants me to go in to help question her with Tsukauchi. Work experience, wanna come?" Aizawa rushed at the end, getting annoyed at himself for not being as blunt as he usually is.

As a teacher, he had to construct full sentences to communicate with others.

But around his friends, they had gotten used to him saying choppy words to get his point across.

Shinso was shocked at the words. He was allowed to go with Aizawa-- Eraserhead--to watch him interview a villain. For an active case.

"Yea--yes!" The teen caught himself and changed to speak more formally.

This was official buisness afterall.

Rolling his dry eyes, Aizawa hummed to himself. He got up and began walking away.

Using insanely sore arms, Shinso complied, nearly falling on his face a second time in the process.

"Dorm first. Take a shower and then text your parents. They have to be notified of you watching the interrogation."

Shinso nodded. But he realized his teacher couldn't see him, so he verbalized his answer.

Aizawa didn't reply as he continues to walk off.

Shinso ran.

Once the two reached the Station's interrogation room, Aizawa motioned a skittish Shinso towards the two way window. "You won't hear anything but you can practice reading conversations. We talked about it last week. Report back to me correctly and I'll tell you some of the details that aren't classified information."

Shinso nodded, feeling somewhat proud of the events occurring.

I feel like I'm actually one step closer to being a hero.

He was giddy with excitement as he sat on a stool stationed next to the window. He looked inside to see plain walls and a metal table. The table had a small pole on it where the villain was handcuffed. Looking at the villain, Shinso nearly gasped. He had heard Izuku talk about a girl named Toga who had two messy buns, agile frame, and golden eyes.

If this was the same person...doesn't she have the blood quirk?

Unlike Izuku, Hitoshi can't remember all the details of someone's quirk.

But he distinctly remembers Izuku plotting how to help blood-quirk users overcome the sensation of blooflust. It was one of the worst drawbacks that can lead into villany.

If parents didn't want to fully understand their child's quirk and quirk needs, then they're considered neglectful of their child. This negligence forces the child to tame their bloodlust on their own, and when it gets out of control...people usually die.

He remembers reading an article on it once.

Behind Toga is Midnight, who is rubbing her shoulders. When Aizawa walks in, he sits next to Tsukauchi, who is located opposite of Toga. Their mouths move and Midnight nods, pursing her lips.

She leans down to whisper in the ear of a despondent Toga before patting her shoulders once more and leaving the room.

Aizawa looks over to the notebook Tsukauchi is writing in--presumably reading his notes so far--and nods.

The interrogation begins.

And a few seconds later, Shinso takes his eyes off studying their figures to see who had grabbed another stool and sat next to him.

Midnight.

He scoots his stool over slightly, so she can see into the room better.

She notices and adjusts accordingly, giving Shinso a tight lipped smile.