Stay Stay Stay

Okay, so she's on Breaking News. Those reporters are too quick with their words and live reports.

Ye Jin watches the news and winces to herself. It looks bad and it's another reason why she can't stay here for long. She is sure, her security details have reported the 'incident' to Chief Kang, if not directly to the President.

She's worried about her husband's reaction upon seeing the news. The security protocol is strictly applied on them for a reason, and she— well, she acted rashly, without thinking further of the possible consequences and disregarded everything she knew.

And with Yeo Been confiscated her phone ever since she was taken care of, she can't tell him that she is fine. A little in shock, some bruises here and there, and the open wound will leave marks, but she is fine.

She hopes the same can be said about the baby, if there is one. She is still waiting on her bloodwork result to confirm her pregnancy, but— all throughout the fiasco, instinctively, she was all about how to keep her stomach out of harm's way. Covering it with a hand probably didn't help, but that's the least she could do as people crowded her and the little boy.

Oh God, the little boy.

He looked shaken to the core and she blamed herself for that. And she hates that everyone is so focused on her that they don't give the boy a proper look until she told them to.

Just like this handsome doctor in front of her.

"Honestly, Doctor Son," Doctor Han Jae Joon gives a sharp glance to the First Lady as he dresses the stitches he just finished, "With this kind of injury and the shock you must have experienced, I recommend you to stay for overnight observation."

The fact that he uses her medical title gives away his irritation at the First Lady's continued rejection over the course of actions he proposed except for getting stitches on her wound.

"Isn't it too much, Dr. Han, keeping the bed for me to wait on bloodwork result? And please, can you update me on the boy's condition?" Ye Jin responds coolly.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, you need some rest. Immediately. You are running on adrenaline and you'll crash soon, I prefer you are here when that happens."

The First Lady sighs tiredly. "Dr. Han, do you want my husband to be here? Monitoring your every move, questioning every single decision you take for me? Because he will do that. He'll be like the overbearing husband you often see, but worst, because he's the president and you can't say no to him."

"First Lady Son—"

"Please, it's really better if I can go home and be treated by the Blue House's doctor. It'll make life easier for you and for me as well."

The tall and handsome doctor watches his stubborn patient closely, contemplating his next move. Even though the tale of exhaustion starts to creep in her face, she is really uncomfortable.

She looks like she wants to run away from here if she is given the chance. Taking into account the trauma she experienced, he knows the better course of treatment is to let her be as comfortable as possible.

"Give me the doctor's number, I'll call him beforehand. Then once your bloodwork result comes out, we'll discharge you, probably in an hour or so."

"Can you just send me the result later? It's not that urgent."

She is pretty sure she's pregnant anyway, though considering what happened today— she may want to take a day or two before telling Bin about it. She only wants to go home and be in the comfort of her own bed wrapped in her husband's embrace. Not here in the sterile environment of a hospital.