Death by A Thousand Cuts

"We're here, Bin."

Bin opens one of his eyes and squints checking out his surrounding, not sure where the 'here' Kang Jin Tae is talking about.

"Where is here?" He asks him again in slurry voice.

"Your sister's apartment. Come on, I'll help you. You're drunk as a skunk."

"Why— da yu— hik— bring me hir — hik— if am— hik — drunk?"

Kang Jin Tae sighs. For three months he has served his new boss, never before he saw him like this.

He is always so confident, so sure of himself and knows what he wants. All the quality Kang Jin Tae also sees from his father, the late President Hyun. The difference between them is the ruthlessness and decisiveness of the younger one. The presidential candidate never hesitates to take the necessary actions and moves forward with his plan.

This miserable son of a bitch at the backseat—

Jin Tae wonders what happened during his boss' date with The Acting First Lady. He didn't even stay the night like he usually did. When he got out of the apartment building the next morning, Bin always had this extra swagger, his steps lighter and he was rejuvenated.

Not tonight.

"You refused to go back to your apartment, I've tried."

"Oh."

"Come on, it's past midnight. Your sister will go to Incheon again tomorrow morning. And I want to go home to my family."

"Incheon— Incheon— my mother is there." Bin slurs still. Jin Tae opens Bin's door and props him up on his side.

"Yes. Your mother is there."

"Jin Tae-ssi, Kang Jin Tae! — hik — it's — hik — nice that — hik — you have — hik — family — hik — to come — hik — to."

"Soon, you will, too."

"Will I — hik — I — hik — family— hik." Bin's head slumps over Jin Tae's shoulder as his words become too hard to comprehend.

"What happen to you, Bin?" Jin Tae glances at him pitifully. It's only two more weeks to the election and it seems like his boss is hanging by a thread.

Once they arrive in front of Yoon Ah, Jin Tae calls the former news anchor to inform her that her drunk brother is waiting. The sound of her rushed steps is subtly heard from where he stands, but he almost can't hide his surprise when she opens the door with mask on her face.

 The sound of her rushed steps is subtly heard from where he stands, but he almost can't hide his surprise when she opens the door with mask on her face

"Omo, Jin Tae-ssi! What happen to Oppa?"

That breaks the daze on Kang Jin Tae as Yoon Ah fully opens her door for him to enter.

"Drunk. Although I haven't been able to extract anything from his slurry voice. Where should I put him?"

"There, on the sofa. Are you coming from his apartment? Or somewhere else?"